Explorer Police Interceptor | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Police Interceptor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup 13" on both, just different pad composition and the calliper seal.

Lowering, tyre data

friends, plz tell me whether the Interceptor vehicle is lowered, or just tyres are lower than stock base ones?
And what are the Interceptor wheels size? Thanks

friends, plz tell me whether the Interceptor vehicle is lowered, or just tyres are lower than stock base ones?

Lowered no - actually in person they tend to look higher because the tire size is made to be the same as the sedan for easy stocking of replacement parts by cities..

Many parts are similar...

They share common suspension setup parameters as the SPORT.

The Sport sits 20mm lower then the Limited,XLT, and Base.

Here's a pic of my Limited and a true Interceptor Utility, look at how the mirrors line up.

IMG_3306.jpg

They share common suspension setup parameters as the SPORT.

The Sport sits 20mm lower then the Limited,XLT, and Base.

Here's a pic of my Limited and a true Interceptor Utility, look at how the mirrors line up.

IMG_3306.jpg

i think it is tire/rims size difference. your limited has 20" wheels i guess. and the police one has 18".

012-ford-police-interceptor-utility-10_zpsa5e89b86.jpg

if you compare the space between Limited and Police car wheels, it looks same.

i think it is tire/rims size difference. your limited has 20" wheels i guess. and the police one has 18".
If we were considering that the 22 mm difference was strictly due to tire/wheel sizes and if we are comparing a 255/50R20 with a 245/60R18 then the diameter difference is only 11.8 mm.

Peter

My understanding from the engineers is the ride hight is set in the suspension settings for the SPORT and Interceptor Utility. That setting is 20mm different.

That picture you have there is the old prototype wheels the new ones are 5 spoke rims.

Your right my Limited has 20 inch polished Aluminum wheels

The tires on the Interceptor are 255/55V18 Goodyear Eagle GSA, I looked today

If we were considering that the 22 mm difference was strictly due to tire/wheel sizes and if we are comparing a 255/50R20 with a 245/60R18 then the diameter difference is only 11.8 mm.

Peter

Sgt says its 255/55 R18. So the difference should be actually abt 20MM.

Sgt says its 255/55 R18. So the difference should be actually abt 20MM.
25.3mm to be exact. But like he said, I think the suspension likely has something to do with it as well.

Peter

I'm new to the forums and figured I'd make my first post here. I just picked up a factory demo Utility for POV use with work and my volunteer FD. Have a few quirks to work out, and some minor warranty items, but I'm absolutely in love with it, especially coming from a Honda Ridgeline for the last 8.5 years.

xfupvm.jpg

I'm new to the forums and figured I'd make my first post here. I just picked up a factory demo Utility for POV use with work and my volunteer FD. Have a few quirks to work out, and some minor warranty items, but I'm absolutely in love with it, especially coming from a Honda Ridgeline for the last 8.5 years.
Welcome to the Forum PIUtility.:wavey:
I'm sure the members here would be happy to assist in responding to any concerns you may have. In the meantime, happy motoring.:):thumbsup:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum PIUtility.:wavey:
I'm sure the members here would be happy to assist in responding to any concerns you may have. In the meantime, happy motoring.:):thumbsup:

Peter

I've been lurking the boards for a few months, since unfortunately a dealership here spent almost 3 months giving me the run around. So I found this bad boy out of state and put hands on it, and already know what I need to do to address some things, but I'll be picking some brains soon, since a few guys in the thread have interceptor experience.

I'll say too, with a 70lbs working GSD that goes everywhere with me, this beats the hell out of cramming all of us into a 4 door pickup. :D

SGT1411 thanks for posting the link to the Interceptor upfitting site, I just spent a while over there looking at cool pics and stats:yelexp:

I am still in love with the inteceptor Utility grill:eek: was there any word of it being available for purchase by civilians? Clearly the changes made were to improve airflow to the engine but I also think it looks 'less busy' than the standard Sport grill. I WANT!

SGT1411 thanks for posting the link to the Interceptor upfitting site, I just spent a while over there looking at cool pics and stats:yelexp:

I am still in love with the inteceptor Utility grill:eek: was there any word of it being available for purchase by civilians? Clearly the changes made were to improve airflow to the engine but I also think it looks 'less busy' than the standard Sport grill. I WANT!

Word is the 2014.5's, atleast the ecoboost models, will be getting a mesh grill

Ford-Police-Interceptor-utility-1%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Word is the 2014.5's, atleast the ecoboost models, will be getting a mesh grill
Looks like there is a cable of some kind coming out at the bottom of the passengers door and taped to the molding. Is that for the 'heated' seats?:D

Peter

Back