Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I was recently told by one of the aforementioned places that a US address would be fine still for Canadians as we were looking at getting a Focus and planned on getting ESP from the US again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have time. You can actually go to a dealership in the states and buy one of their warranties. I did so. There is nothing wrong with buying warranties in the states. I live next to Maine. I drove about 3 hours down the road and picked up a FORD ESP. No problems.

They gave me the paperwork right there on the spot. Put my Canadian address on it. It's in the system and will be honored at all Ford dealerships in North America.

My dealer quoted us for $2300 Canadian on a 7year/120000km esp. We are trying to determine now if that cost is what we would spend in repairs over the life of our explorer. We plan to keep the vehicle for at least 7 years. Any thoughts on this price and opinions on likely repairs ( I know that's a tough nut to crack but maybe some ball park data)?! Thanks

Peter

$2300 canadian for a 7yr? Wow, i paid $1200 US for my 7yr 100k miles. Did you get that quote right?

All, here is the scoop for the Ford PREMIUM ESP for Explorers still within the 36 month/36k umbrella:

1. ALWAYS get the FORD ESP PREMIUM plan. I’ve been burned by cheaper 3rd party plans & I understand that lesser Ford plans can be similar to some 3rd party plans.

2. Spend a little more to get a $50 deductible on a Ford PREMIUM ESP, rather than the standard $100 deductible.

3. Consider a 6 year/60k PREMIUM ESP that can be renewed in stages (6yr/60k, 7yr/75k, etc.). This is an overall cheaper way to go in the long run but most dealers will not tell you that.

4. Dealer cost for a FWD Explorer or FWD Edge is about $600 for coverage up to 6yr/60k miles with $50 deductible if the PREMIUM ESP is purchased within the initial 12 months or 12k miles. The cost increases by $100 if purchased after 12 months/12k miles but must be purchased prior to 3 years or 36k miles.

5. Dealer cost for a 4WD Explorer or AWD Edge is about $700 for coverage up to 6yr/60k miles with a $50 deductible if the PREMIUM ESP is purchased within the initial 12months or 12k miles. The cost increases by $100 if purchased after 12 months/12k miles but must be prior to 3 years or 36k miles.

6. Retail prices for all these plans is about double the dealer cost.

$2300 canadian for a 7yr? Wow, i paid $1200 US for my 7yr 100k miles. Did you get that quote right?
Now you know why some Canadians look South for their ESP. I purchase my 48 month Leasecare, no deductible and with rental for $1175 from the dealer. Will likely do it again if I pick up a 2015.

Peter

Taking delivery on Feb 25. When purchasing, I declined the (Canadian) ESP.

I take it I can purchase after the vehicle comes? How much longer afterwards? Does the price go up the longer you wait?

I take it I can purchase after the vehicle comes? How much longer afterwards? Does the price go up the longer you wait?
See post 58 above. Not sure about the time frames but unless you want to pay extra, you should buy it before the factory warranty runs out. After that, it is considered a 'used' car and the cost is higher.

Peter

See post 58 above. Not sure about the time frames but unless you want to pay extra, you should buy it before the factory warranty runs out. After that, it is considered a 'used' car and the cost is higher.

Peter

Oops, ya...that was kinda there in full answer hunh? Thanks.

Only thing I don't quite get is
3. Consider a 6 year/60k PREMIUM ESP that can be renewed in stages (6yr/60k, 7yr/75k, etc.). This is an overall cheaper way to go in the long run but most dealers will not tell you that.

Renewed?

Oops, ya...that was kinda there in full answer hunh? Thanks.

Only thing I don't quite get is

Renewed?
Perhaps he meant extended. :dunno:

Peter

They gave me the paperwork right there on the spot. Put my Canadian address on it. It's in the system and will be honored at all Ford dealerships in North America.

US dealers can't sell to Canadian residents any longer unless they have a US address.. As stated, 10/2/13 Ford put a stop to it. Here is the release to dealers straight from my contact:

NEW ESP POLICY PROHIBITING SALE OF U.S. ESP PLANS TO
CANADIAN
RESIDENTS
Ford ESP has seen an increase in recent years in the
number of U.S. ESP
contracts being sold to
Canadian residents. Canadian residents have a unique
offering of ESP plans
available for purchase
through Canada Ford and Lincoln Dealers that: 1) Meet
specific Canadian
laws and regulations, 2) are
priced to reflect Ford ESP’s higher labor and claims
costs in Canada, and
3) have Roadside Assistance
Benefits supported by a provider within the Canadian
Provinces.

Effective 10/2/13, Ford ESP will prohibit the sale of
U.S. ESP plans to
Canadian residents. Canadian
residents that also have a U.S. residence can purchase
a U.S. ESP plan,
however the plan must be
registered to the U.S. address. For complete sales
eligibility, please
refer to the ESP Administration and
Marketing Manual or contact ESP Administrative hotline
at
800-521-4144.

You can purchase an ESP up to 1yr/12,000 miles, after the 1/12 has been reached, you are surcharged approximately $200 more for the same esp. You have from the 1yr/12k to 3yr/36k (or simply put, the remainder of your bumper to bumper warranty) to buy it.

US dealers can't sell to Canadian residents any longer unless they have a US address.. As stated, 10/2/13 Ford put a stop to it. Here is the release to dealers straight from my contact:

NEW ESP POLICY PROHIBITING SALE OF U.S. ESP PLANS TO
CANADIAN
RESIDENTS
Ford ESP has seen an increase in recent years in the
number of U.S. ESP
contracts being sold to
Canadian residents. Canadian residents have a unique
offering of ESP plans
available for purchase
through Canada Ford and Lincoln Dealers that: 1) Meet
specific Canadian
laws and regulations, 2) are
priced to reflect Ford ESP’s higher labor and claims
costs in Canada, and
3) have Roadside Assistance
Benefits supported by a provider within the Canadian
Provinces.

Effective 10/2/13, Ford ESP will prohibit the sale of
U.S. ESP plans to
Canadian residents. Canadian
residents that also have a U.S. residence can purchase
a U.S. ESP plan,
however the plan must be
registered to the U.S. address. For complete sales
eligibility, please
refer to the ESP Administration and
Marketing Manual or contact ESP Administrative hotline
at
800-521-4144.

Oh Well. Guess I got away with one then. I also purchased mine before Oct 2nd..... :salute: I should have read all the thread :eek::eek::eek:

So you can go get a mail box in the states and that solves the problem

http://myusaddress.ca/

There's all kinds of ways to skin a cat!!!!!

winternet.jpg

Anyone buy one from flood ford? www.floodfordesp.com has the best price, from my experience. I took the quote from flood to the dealership and the dealership told me that the flood price was their cost.

Anyone buy one from flood ford? www.floodfordesp.com has the best price, from my experience. I took the quote from flood to the dealership and the dealership told me that the flood price was their cost.

Got mine from lombardfordwarrantys.com. They even offer 6 months financing at 0%. This was the best option for me 7yr 100,000 miles PremiumCare for $1,200.00. If you register you may get a coupon/discount code too. That contributed also.

So you can go get a mail box in the states and that solves the problem

http://myusaddress.ca/

There's all kinds of ways to skin a cat!!!!!
I believe the notice said residence. Therefore I would think you need a RESIDENTIAL address. If that is the case, a P.O. Box may not qualifiy as that without additional info.
In any case if I'm going to buy or lease a $50,000 vehicle, personnally I'm not going to sweat an extra grand to buy Canadian.

Peter

I believe the notice said residence. Therefore I would think you need a RESIDENTIAL address. If that is the case, a P.O. Box may not qualifiy as that without additional info.
In any case if I'm going to buy or lease a $50,000 vehicle, personnally I'm not going to sweat an extra grand to buy Canadian.

Peter

It's actually a PHYSICAL ADDRESS(Street name and number) and not a PO Box. Personally, I sweat every penny that I earn. Especially when there is such great disparity in pricing between us and the States. We all know that they are gouging us here in Canada.

The notice states:

however the plan must be
registered to the U.S. ADDRESS.

My Canadian friends,
Good catch. The word "renew" is not as applicable as "extend", but you get the idea. The trick to extending a PREMIUM ESP is to purchase extensions before hitting the progressive months/mileage thresholds.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford ESP First Day Rental

So I've been digging around and cant find a verified answer to my question on First Day Rental with the Ford ESP plan.

Is any dealer required to provide a rental to a Ford ESP owner whenever warranty repairs are to be performed - be it a 2 hour fix or overnight?

OR

Can the Ford dealer deny providing a rental/loaner and then the owner would need to rent a car and submit for reimbursement ($28 a day) to the ESP company?

Back