Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

Peter,

Thanks for the info on the OEM cargo liners. I'll have to give them a look.

Karl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Husky Liner Update on Pricing

Autoanything.com just cut me a nice deal for Husky Liners for all 3 rows, behind 2nd seat cargo liner, and cargo liner behind/under 3rd seat. I went into online chat there and the sales rep gave me 20 percent off with free shipping once he knew what I wanted. He created a custom quote which I was able to link to. It was the easiest and fastest online transaction I've had in a while.

I'll update this thread once I receive my liners.

Cheers!

Karl

I'll update this thread once I receive my liners.

Well? :)

How long did it take from order placed to order received? Not sure whether the price has changed since you ordered, but would you mind sharing how much the total was for your liners?

Any other general thoughts would be appreciated as well.

I just got the clear mats from Exact Mats for my 2014 Explorer with pecan/charcoal seats. Cost is about $150 for 5 mats - 2 in front, 2 in back, & 1 for the sunken cargo area. They are cut to fit exactly over the carpet floor mats that come with the car. I really like them.

http://www.exactmats.com/

I just got the clear mats from Exact Mats for my 2014 Explorer with pecan/charcoal seats. Cost is about $150 for 5 mats - 2 in front, 2 in back, & 1 for the sunken cargo area. They are cut to fit exactly over the carpet floor mats that come with the car. I really like them.

http://www.exactmats.com/
Mats are good for those areas that don't get snow. For areas that do, the liners are a perfect solution in that they really act like a tray to hold and contain the water from melted snow and slush. It isn't a good idea to put a cover over the floor mat on the driver's side since there is nothing to hold it in place. The liners are made so as to take advantage of the anchors that are built into the vehicle on the driver's side. This was one issue Toyota issued a safety bulletin for when I had my Highlander.

Peter

Overall, I'm very pleased with my Husky Weatherbeater Liners. It was raining cats and dogs the other day and my drivers side liner did what it was supposed to do. I allowed everything to dry in the liner, and was able to vacuum out the residue and wipe out the rest. The only (minor) gripe I have is how they engineered the cargo liner around the third row seat belts when the third row is folded flat. The liner rides up a bit on the exposed seat belts (where they disappear under the folded row) and it's not a flat fit per se. Husky recognized this by providing double stick Velcro fasteners, but I haven't discovered the ideal location yet and they still won't stay put. Expect to cut holes to accommodate the cargo bed tie downs and second row floor seat clamps.

Appears that the mats were drop shipped from the mfr and arrived within a week. The third row under the seat cargo liner showed as being back ordered and arrived a day later.

My experience with autoanything.com was professional and surprisingly pleasant. I went into chat mode with the sales rep to get an even better price on the complete set. Feel free to PM me for the price I was able to get.

Enjoy the Day!

Karl

Mats are good for those areas that don't get snow. For areas that do, the liners are a perfect solution in that they really act like a tray to hold and contain the water from melted snow and slush. It isn't a good idea to put a cover over the floor mat on the driver's side since there is nothing to hold it in place. The liners are made so as to take advantage of the anchors that are built into the vehicle on the driver's side. This was one issue Toyota issued a safety bulletin for when I had my Highlander.

Peter

Peter,
You are absolutely correct. You & I live in totally different worlds. I'm sure I would spring for the Huskys if I lived in your area. I'm sure I would have ordered the 4WD option also. I was able to save a little money & get a little more MPGs with the FWD down here where it's very flat & above freezing except for a handful of days each year. I just want folks to know about a lower cost option for floor mats if they don't really need the Husky mats.

Peter,
You are absolutely correct. You & I live in totally different worlds. I'm sure I would spring for the Huskys if I lived in your area. I'm sure I would have ordered the 4WD option also. I was able to save a little money & get a little more MPGs with the FWD down here where it's very flat & above freezing except for a handful of days each year. I just want folks to know about a lower cost option for floor mats if they don't really need the Husky mats.
Believe me when I say that there are days I was in an area where the liners weren't required. We have had some very, very cold weeks (-13F or so) this Winter. As for the snow storms that seem more prevalent this year, most of the systems seem to be coming up from Texas. I'd like to thank all the members from Texas for that.;)
Enjoy your Explorer, they are a great vehicle.:thumbsup:

Peter

. The only (minor) gripe I have is how they engineered the cargo liner around the third row seat belts when the third row is folded flat. The liner rides up a bit on the exposed seat belts (where they disappear under the folded row) and it's not a flat fit per se. Husky recognized this by providing double stick Velcro fasteners, but I haven't discovered the ideal location yet and they still won't stay put. Expect to cut holes to accommodate the cargo bed tie downs and second row floor seat clamps.

I would recommend the OEM cargo liner over the Husky,the OEM even has the Explorer logo on it. It's a perfect fit, no Velcro needed.

Don't know why you have to cut out for the 2nd row latches, mine came already having the cut outs. Husky must be saving a little ??

Great liners.

why not post the discounted price? lol

Probably to discourage people bombarding AutoAnything with demands that they get the same deal that he got, which is a nice thing to do.

According to my math, the price is almost exactly the same as Amazon without the discount. With any discount you're saving money compared to Amazon. With the 20% (which I'm imagining the rep was only able to do because gooftroop bought EVERYTHING Husky offers for the Explorer), you can knock over $80 off the total.

Probably to discourage people bombarding AutoAnything with demands that they get the same deal that he got, which is a nice thing to do.

According to my math, the price is almost exactly the same as Amazon without the discount. With any discount you're saving money compared to Amazon. With the 20% (which I'm imagining the rep was only able to do because gooftroop bought EVERYTHING Husky offers for the Explorer), you can knock over $80 off the total.

im sure they would love to be bombarded with business, since they would like to make money.

im sure they would love to be bombarded with business, since they would like to make money.

Well, the most I could talk them into was 15% off for the whole set, for whatever that's worth. Still a nice discount and the cheapest I've found them.

Glad to hear it worked out for you, let us know how they work out for you.

Enjoy your day,

Karl

Lund Catch-It Carpet Liners

Does anyone here have the Lund Catch-It Carpet floor mats in their Explorer? My wife likes the feel of carpet when she drives (don't ask why), but I want a floor liner type of mat to protect the carpet. These seem to be a good compromise, although I'm finding a hard time finding photos of the exact model to fit the Explorer.

I just got these for my 2008 Limited, they fit nice, and function well, looks like they will protect the carpet nicely, but I think the Weathertech look better. But they are floormats. :)

Help with all weather mats

I have searched the forum and have read about the Weathertech and Husky mats. I am also interested in knowing more about the Aries 3D products. Specifically the rear cargo mat. It looks like it folds so it can be used behind either the 2nd or 3rd row seat. I did a live chat with www.autoanything.com and they said it was the first cargo mat like it. I do not really believe them. any reviews on the Aries 3D products? I currently have the Ford OEM mats and cargo mat and will be selling them after I upgrade. They would be OK but when the snow starts flying later in the year I want better protection.

I have searched the forum and have read about the Weathertech and Husky mats. I am also interested in knowing more about the Aries 3D products. Specifically the rear cargo mat. It looks like it folds so it can be used behind either the 2nd or 3rd row seat. I did a live chat with www.autoanything.com and they said it was the first cargo mat like it. I do not really believe them. any reviews on the Aries 3D products? I currently have the Ford OEM mats and cargo mat and will be selling them after I upgrade. They would be OK but when the snow starts flying later in the year I want better protection.

I have the Aires 3d mats for the front and second rows. They are good, but doesnt cover as much as the Husky or WB. I choose the Aires3D because i didnt want the rubber look of the WB or Husky, IMO they are more truckish than sleek suv-ish. The built in anchor holes are much bigger than the actual anchors on the driver side so thats a negative. Through the winter it did a decent job of protecting from the snow, salt and water. Cleaning the salt from it may be a pain, i havent washed mine yet. Would i recommend it - i suppose i could if the anchors dont bother you. I have the WB cargo liner but it doesnt fold up so if i need to 3rd row to be up then i have to take the cargo liner out. Its tough, well made and i'd recommend if you dont have any issues taking it out when you need the 3rd row up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am also interested in knowing more about the Aries 3D products. Specifically the rear cargo mat.

This!! I looked everywhere online and though every search always took me back to the Aries 3D website, it appears there isn't a folding cargo for the Explorer just yet. Have one in my wife's Acadia and would love one for my Ex.

Back