Eaton M112 Supercharger Installed | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eaton M112 Supercharger Installed

I am running a 2.8 inch blower pulley with a stock 6" water pump pulley. This equals a 10700 blower rpm @ 5000 engine rpm. A M112 is efficient to 16000 to 18000 rpm. Therfore the blower is not spinning fast enough which is causing low boost. I am going to adjust my pulleys to get the blower rpm to 16000 and the boost should come up quite a bit. At this time I will reconnect the methanol injection system. I believe that methanol injection helps as it raises fuel octane to 116. I have friend with a 650 hp mustang running an Intercooled Kenne Bell Blower @ 24 lbs of boost and its sick and he swears by the Snow Performance Kit and he would not make that much power without it. It definetely controlled detonation when I went from 6 lbs to 10 lbs on my old M90. I definetely continue to use it if necessary.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am running a 2.8 inch blower pulley with a stock 6" water pump pulley. This equals a 10700 blower rpm @ 5000 engine rpm. A M112 is efficient to 16000 to 18000 rpm. Therfore the blower is not spinning fast enough which is causing low boost. I am going to adjust my pulleys to get the blower rpm to 16000 and the boost should come up quite a bit. At this time I will reconnect the methanol injection system. I believe that methanol injection helps as it raises fuel octane to 116. I have friend with a 650 hp mustang running an Intercooled Kenne Bell Blower @ 24 lbs of boost and its sick and he swears by the Snow Performance Kit and he would not make that much power without it. It definetely controlled detonation when I went from 6 lbs to 10 lbs on my old M90. I definetely continue to use it if necessary.

thats sick bro....does your friend run the snow kit with 93 octane? or the snow kit with race gas?? on my cobra i had a flip switch with 2 tunes a street which made 560 on 91 and the race that made 660 on 110....i think a custom dyno tune would be great for your car plus the snow kit now that would awsome :thumbsup:

Hi there why don't you put a air to air intercooler on it from Forced induction technologies they make an adapter for the super chargers and your temp issues at high boost will be helped

My buddy is making the 650 to the tires on lousy CA 91 octane with Snow Spray. That's what i'm saying it's a decent product. Of course he's got a built motor. I will be running 16 lbs of boost and will be making around 450 to the tires and will definetely reconnect my system if I get detonation.

I did not know someone made an intercooler for an eaton M112 but I will look into it.

I will be running 16 lbs of boost and will be making around 450 to the tires and will definetely reconnect my system if I get detonation.

Go ahead and connect it. Unless you run race gas, at 16 psi and no intercooler, you will get detonation. ;) That is unless you have a super low compression ratio.

Here is another tidbit of info I learned from my blower days. High octane gas makes less power than lower octane gas. The additives that prevent precombustion also slow the burn rate. This in turn reduces power output from the engine. The net effect justifies the use of high octane gas but all things being equal, lower octane gas makes more horsepower. This could be another reason why spraying straight water makes more horsepower than alcohol or a mixture of both.

Corection I ment air to air intercooler.

Any updates? Nice Explorer!

This is awesome. I was really excited when I was scrolling through the pics until I got to the bottom and saw the hole in the hood! :D Have you done anything to close up the hood yet?

This kit is intriguing: http://www.jdbmods.com/Products.html and the chargers can be had used on ebay for not much dough.

Yeah, I did make that connection. I bet this install was the original. I wonder if the kit has been revised to provide better hood clearance since the prototype?

Yeah, I did make that connection. I bet this install was the original. I wonder if the kit has been revised to provide better hood clearance since the prototype?

I'm guessing that's the second design, at least according to the page you linked

Kits available it two different designs;

First: Sits directly on top and requires a 3" or larger cowl to clear

Second: Sits slightly off to the Driver's side and will clear a stock hood

although it's possible that's referring to the kit for the Mustang engine.

u got sound clip of this

M112 install

What was the procedure you used for relocating your coil packs and where's your oil filler tube? I have the same setup but I am having these issues with the install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bump from the DEAD. Anyone know how to go about contacting the dude that makes this adapter plate? His website is MIA :-/

Bump from the DEAD. Anyone know how to go about contacting the dude that makes this adapter plate? His website is MIA :-/

i think all the mustang guys chased him out of town. he was having a lot of problems with the kits, and not correcting them, as well as taking peoples money and not delivering.
however, want ironic? i bought Damon's old EEm90 kit from him (which still works great btw if you do read this Damon) and i might try and find a m112 blower and make my own adapter for it with a mock up motor i have at the moment.

i think all the mustang guys chased him out of town. he was having a lot of problems with the kits, and not correcting them, as well as taking peoples money and not delivering.
however, want ironic? i bought Damon's old EEm90 kit from him (which still works great btw if you do read this Damon) and i might try and find a m112 blower and make my own adapter for it with a mock up motor i have at the moment.

That's what I was afraid of :-/

Sweet deal though! Lucky :D Lol.

Is there any recent info about this explorer?
I an getting ready to supercharge my explorer and would really like to see some more pictures of this and get some more info if possible....

i dont think damon is on here much. i have made a mount, and intake tube for my truck now. i should be putting it on in a week or two.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back