• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger anyone?

zachow3

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 5.0 AWD
Trying to gauge interest on a Powerdyne BD-11A supercharger kit for '96 to '99 2nd gen V8 owners.
I have a complete kit minus the in-line fuel pump that I am not going to use. After years of research and buying I decided to return my truck to stock.
So what I have....
BD-11A Supercharger and all brackets and hardware. Currently mounted on my truck but never used. Lower double pulley and fan spacer.
I highly recommend not using the fan spacer. The vibration broke 2 water pumps and destroyed my radiator. Im running an electric fan now.
Plumbing for the intake and a very inadequate installation manual.
I plan on pulling everything off the truck in the next few weeks.
I can send pictures based on interest. So PM me. Setup is good for about 75HP, more with a smaller pulley(Have stock 6lb on it) and other supporting mods.
These kits are impossible to find anymore, but besides relocation of the alternator and longer wiring is a bolt on plug and play system.
Though I highly recommend a tune for safety and to reap the best performance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, this is from Ford Motorsport.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 513
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 509
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 461
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 489
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 493
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 451

More....

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 469
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 468

i do have the fuel pressure regulator too. But your pcm should compensate for it, And again I stress a tune. Dont waste your motor on a chip.
The stock fuel pump will support 6lbs of boost. Anything higher will require more fuel. I have a Walbro GSS342 pump installed on a a new pump/sending unit if needed.
I sold my larger fuel injectors and MAF but again unless you upgrade you should be fine with the stock components.

So.. This does not work on the 2000 5.0?

AFAIK the 99-01 are the exact same powerplants sans the fact the 2001 have redesigned exhaust manifolds (which still leak btw, good job Ford).

Im just going by the manual.
My opinion is yes it will work on 2000/2001 models since they are all Gen 2's with the same 5.0L engine.
But I dont know that for fact and dont want to give misleading information.

OK....Pics

Attachments

• DSC01926_1.JPG
    DSC01926_1.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 569

So I'll bite..... Whats the asking price?

does this mean you are selling it, or not? the reason why i ask is this

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346357

the last time you posted it, you yanked the rug out from everyone, and by the looks of it, you never did hook it up.

Also understand that nowhere in this post did I mention it was for sale. Only gauging interest. This is not posted in the for sale forum. Might just gift it to a well deserving forum member:)

Go with it buddy!
Your already supercharged.
When I saw what it would cost to ship to Canada I could of bought a seat on the space shuttle for about $5.00 more.
You do the math.;)

to bad i wanted it shipped inside the us boarder to a parcel pick up. that and i think i also remember you saying you were going to try and list it on ebay to see if you could get more money for it.
but regardless, i would change your first post to "selling" or "for sale" and ask one of the mods to re title your thread, and move it to the for sale section if you are setting it.
;)

Also understand that nowhere in this post did I mention it was for sale. Only gauging interest. This is not posted in the for sale forum. Might just gift it to a well deserving forum member:)

:scratch::dunno:

oook. just dont want other people to wast there time on something that you dont want to sell, but only want to see if people will buy thats all.
i know i wasted time when you had it up 2 years ago that all. carry on, on what every your trying to do.

I hereby nominate myself as the deserving forum member to have this given to him.lol

The reason I did not list it as for sale is because I got my hand slapped for not setting a price. This was my way around that and hopefully garner more interest from those who were curious.
Hope the moderators dont catch wind of this and ban me:eek:

:scratch::dunno:

oook. just dont want other people to wast there time on something that you dont want to sell, but only want to see if people will buy thats all.
i know i wasted time when you had it up 2 years ago that all. carry on, on what every your trying to do.

Everyone can dream. I do and they almost never come true. Stop putting a negative spin on everything and stop with the personal attacks.
Ramp up your post count but without targeting fellow members.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man im drooling,

Back