Name that part!!! lol.

Blacksheep Josh

Slinky+Escalator=Fun
Reaction score
City, State
Statesboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Ford Ranger, RIP 93 X
Okay, so I'm having trouble figuring out what a few things are, nothing is wrong, just want to know what they are. If you have an answer, I'm putting a number before the pictures so you can identify it.

Thanks!
1q1wg1.jpg

2jfbzp5.jpg

2l9789h.jpg

And this isn't something I need identified, just a pic of my intake I did about a year or so ago.
21ke6g4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to pickup a service manual -- cant really work under the hood w/o one ;)

But..
#1 is part of the air-conditioning's pipes. The smaller part circles is I think the fill port and I have no idea what that big thing circled is.

#2 not sure what that is but two little things on top makes me want to say something related to fuel evap but I have no idea why its up there.

#3 That looks like the Schrader valve for the fuel rails.

You need to pickup a service manual -- cant really work under the hood w/o one ;)

But..
#1 is part of the air-conditioning's pipes. The smaller part circles is I think the fill port and I have no idea what that big thing circled is.

#2 not sure what that is but two little things on top makes me want to say something related to fuel evap but I have no idea why its up there.

#3 That looks like the Schrader valve for the fuel rails.

Correct,

#1 Is supposed to be some sort of A/C "muffler" doesn't serve a huge purpose.

#2 Is the evap canister. It's full of activated charcoal and takes the fumes from your gas tank and stores them until the engine is started, then they are fed back through and burned.

#3 Is just a screw cap on a schrader valve for checking the pressure on the fuel rails.

I believe the canister on 1 is the reciever dryer.

Your right that whould be a dryer.....Its for the A/c system.....I have to replace mine ths year.........

Thanks for the input guys.

I have the Haynes manual, but couldn't pinpoint each part individually.

I was more interested in the "pressure hookups", those are pretty much what I thought they were, cause I remember looking at them and saying (those things look like whats on tires.... lol)

Thanks for your help, I was just curious.

Next project: Hooking up new A/C Compressor, Converting system to new coolant, and praying to God it'll work.

-Josh

Just to clarify..

DevilBoy is correct.. The high side pressure port and the muffler (most replacment hoses don't have it) are circled in photo 1

The receiver/dryer is on the passenger side of the truck closer to the firewall.

There is a good thread in the a/c forum about converting to r-134.. lost of good info.

~Mark

Okay, so I'm having trouble figuring out what a few things are, nothing is wrong, just want to know what they are. If you have an answer, I'm putting a number before the pictures so you can identify it.

Thanks!
1q1wg1.jpg

2jfbzp5.jpg

2l9789h.jpg

And this isn't something I need identified, just a pic of my intake I did about a year or so ago.
21ke6g4.jpg
This is exactly the type of help I was looking for but for a 91 explorer 4x4 xlt though. I can't find the schrader valve.

This is exactly the type of help I was looking for but for a 91 explorer 4x4 xlt though. I can't find the schrader valve.

Same spot, look on the fuel rail

Ok once I find that how do I proceed to check the fuel pressure?

So now I go out to check out my truck and the hood release is knob is jammed. I tried it with and without the key in the ignition. I used to hear the fuel pump come on when I turned it but not anymore. I am starting to think it is being tampered with while I'm not around or somethin. Any ideas on how to get the hood open?

You can try having someone push down on the hood and see if that makes it easier while you pull the release. Might have jammed due to being out of adjustment.

The fuel pump will only run for a few seconds when the key is turned to the "On" position then it will cut off.

It's designed to "Pressurize" the fuel system.

The fuel pump will not come back on till the ECU senses engine rotation while starting.

Hey I'm back running again. Had to spray a little ether in where the air intake goes to start it then ended up finding out that my air filter just needed to be replaced so the engine could breathe. I did have one in the trunk from a while back already.

You can try having someone push down on the hood and see if that makes it easier while you pull the release. Might have jammed due to being out of adjustment.

I did have to do this but every now and then it still gets stuck tho.

Just to clarify..

DevilBoy is correct.. The high side pressure port and the muffler (most replacment hoses don't have it) are circled in photo 1

~Mark

I am in the process of replacing everything in my A/C system. That big thing in the
hose my factory one has it on both sides the high and low. I tried to find a replacement just like my old factory one but the new replacements only have it on the high side. Even found an new original OEM replacement one only had it on one side. Why the one on my X have it on both sides..

Back