Love my 2014 Ford Explorer Limited but..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Love my 2014 Ford Explorer Limited but.....

rlperrin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
I have had a wind noise coming from the top of the driver side window or driver side passenger window. After having brought it to three different dealerships nothing can solve the problem. All seals around doors have been replaced but I still hear it. Also, I have noticed that the passenger driver door does not line up with passenger rear door when closed and I hear a lot of road noise. Does anyone else have this issue. I have had my Explorer since July and the wind/road noise is driving me crazy!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it only at freeway speeds? If so it may actually be the cowl below the windshield, and there is a very recent TSB for that.

I was driving down the I5 yesterday and I think mine has it too. Is this a recent TSB for 2014 model year?

It does sound like drivers door area to me as well.

My driver's side mirror creates a whistling noise that I can easily hear with the window down. I don't hear it with the window up, but if it were worse perhaps it could be heard.

Try retracting you mirrors as you are driving and see if the noise changes.

I have had a wind noise coming from the top of the driver side window or driver side passenger window...

I was driving down the I5 yesterday and I think mine has it too...

My driver's side mirror creates a whistling noise that I can easily hear with the window down...

Hey gang,

You can always bring this up the next time you're at the dealer for a maintenance visit. They'll check things out and make any recommendations based on their diagnosis. As always, if you need me to step in and assist, just reach out to me via PM and I'll look into ways to help. Just be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.

Crystal

Thank you all for your replays.

fjc2-thank you for the info about the TSB, I will check into that. Kind of aggravating as it was in the shop last week and I was told NOTHING about the TSB!

Does anyone have the excess road noise that I spoke of? Do you think it could be the cowl below the windshield that could be creating the excessive outside noise?

Do you think it could be the cowl below the windshield that could be creating the excessive outside noise?

Could the tires be the problem? I've had a couple of cars in the past that exhibited a lot of road noise & it turned out to be coming from the tires both times.

does anyone have any info on this TSB, I just came from service last week and they knew nothing about a TSB because he couldnt figure out a fix.

Back