Ford Employee Pricing - No other Discounts, Non-Negotiable | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Employee Pricing - No other Discounts, Non-Negotiable

As I understand it with "Ford employee pricing" dealers can not offer further discounts other than ford factory promotions.
I believe they are audited to keep the dealers honest and not undercutting each other.

This is exactly correct. There is no negotiation with AXDZ plans. The price is set by Ford. You are eligible for the standard manufacturer rebates that Ford offers but the specialty rebates are not always allowed.

For example, the $750 brochure rebate is allowed with it, the $500 AQHA member rebate (Horse association) is not eligible with AXDZ plans. You have to read the fine print of the "non advertised" rebates Ford offers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You actually get a $500 rebate for owning a horse- where do I find the rebate for a 1 year old Great Dane, they eat like a horse.

Ok...so I'm pricing a Explorer XLT 4x4....MSRP is $42,970---Got a pin # from my father for X plan pricing.. $42,970 minus $2,000 rebate= $40,970....with X plan I'm now down to $38,506.56. TrueCar.com(for what it is worth) is saying the average Explorer at this price point is selling for $38,865. TrueCar considers it a "good" buy @ $38,678.00. I'm sitting at $38,506.56 and they will not budge....is this best I can do...Is TrueCar a legit research website?

Ok...so I'm pricing a Explorer XLT 4x4....MSRP is $42,970---Got a pin # from my father for X plan pricing.. $42,970 minus $2,000 rebate= $40,970....with X plan I'm now down to $38,506.56. TrueCar.com(for what it is worth) is saying the average Explorer at this price point is selling for $38,865. TrueCar considers it a "good" buy @ $38,678.00. I'm sitting at $38,506.56 and they will not budge....is this best I can do...Is TrueCar a legit research website?

For what ever it's worth, I based my bargaining with the dealership when I bought on the TrueCar prices. I ended up getting a price on the lowest end of the prices TrueCar reported. My circumstance was probably a little unusual though in that I didn't need to buy, and wasn't sure I wanted too, but I somehow convinced myself that if I could get a "deal" that was at the bottom end of what TrueCar said people were buying for, then I'd buy. Talking to a number of dealers I quickly found out they didn't want to go that low, but eventually much later, one dealer hit my target price so I bought.

So FWIW, my one data point is that there were several dealers were willing to sell me a car for the TrueCar "target price", but not for my own target price which was the low end of what TrueCar had reported. In the end, I kinda felt lucky that I had 2 dealers who wanted my business and eventually one was willing to sell me a car for the price I wanted.

I guess we all have theories about purchasing cars, but at the moment mine is that if you can get employee pricing or TrueCar pricing with almost no effort and are happy with that, then its a good deal. If you want more, then if you aren't in a hurry to buy and are patient and willing to work at it, then I think you can possibly knock a few $thou off that number. Now whether that extra few $thousand saved is worth the amount of time you devoted to it, that's up to you?

For what ever it's worth, I based my bargaining with the dealership when I bought on the TrueCar prices. I ended up getting a price on the lowest end of the prices TrueCar reported. My circumstance was probably a little unusual though in that I didn't need to buy, and wasn't sure I wanted too, but I somehow convinced myself that if I could get a "deal" that was at the bottom end of what TrueCar said people were buying for, then I'd buy. Talking to a number of dealers I quickly found out they didn't want to go that low, but eventually much later, one dealer hit my target price so I bought.

So FWIW, my one data point is that there were several dealers were willing to sell me a car for the TrueCar "target price", but not for my own target price which was the low end of what TrueCar had reported. In the end, I kinda felt lucky that I had 2 dealers who wanted my business and eventually one was willing to sell me a car for the price I wanted.

I guess we all have theories about purchasing cars, but at the moment mine is that if you can get employee pricing or TrueCar pricing with almost no effort and are happy with that, then its a good deal. If you want more, then if you aren't in a hurry to buy and are patient and willing to work at it, then I think you can possibly knock a few $thou off that number. Now whether that extra few $thousand saved is worth the amount of time you devoted to it, that's up to you?
I would think that as the 2015 models start coming out that the dealers with 2014's still on the lot will be more motivated to move them.
When I had my Ex in for servicing a few days ago I was looking at a 2014 Lincoln MKT 3.5L Ecoboost with 201A package that has been sitting in the showroom. Received a call from the GM today and asked if I was interested in it and that he might be able to put a deal together because of the equity in my 2011 Ex. Price on the MKT is just under $59k. Said he would drop it to $51,750. I asked him to price it on a 3 year lease with my refundable security deposit ($6250) thrown in and the cost dropped to $45,500 or $632/month which is about $58 more than I'm paying now. I believe the only other cost would be a $10 fee to have the license transferred. Going back to have another look and test drive.

Peter

I would think that as the 2015 models start coming out that the dealers with 2014's still on the lot will be more motivated to move them.
When I had my Ex in for servicing a few days ago I was looking at a 2014 Lincoln MKT 3.5L Ecoboost with 201A package that has been sitting in the showroom. Received a call from the GM today and asked if I was interested in it and that he might be able to put a deal together because of the equity in my 2011 Ex. Price on the MKT is just under $59k. Said he would drop it to $51,750. I asked him to price it on a 3 year lease with my refundable security deposit ($6250) thrown in and the cost dropped to $45,500 or $632/month which is about $58 more than I'm paying now. I believe the only other cost would be a $10 fee to have the license transferred. Going back to have another look and test drive.

Peter

Test driving will be the kiss of death for your Explorer! Congrats on your soon to be new vehicle!!! :D

Welcome to the Forum torontopanda88. :wavey:
Were you a Costco member all along or did you just sign up for the rebate offer? That rebate has time constrictions attached to it.

Peter

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Peter... I've been a member of Costco for years, but had never bought a Ford before so knowledge about the rebate wasn't even on my radar screen until the email landed in my inbox a couple of days later. It was still in effect when I picked up the vehicle.

Test driving will be the kiss of death for your Explorer! Congrats on your soon to be new vehicle!!! :D
It was. Thanks.:):thumbsup:

Peter

Mplayer1

I just got back from a state away from buying a 2103 Explorer Sport with 10K miles on it. I saved about 9K from new and about $4300 from the best price I could get in Denver CO. with the same like and kind vehicle. So far the vehicle is fantastic! I'm going to Australia at the end of this week but when I get back and have another 1000 miles of the vehicle I will give a real world review of my experiences. So far I love the way the vehicle feels and responds! Could be one of the best cars I've ever bought! I've put about 700 miles on it so far and I'm getting 21-22 mpg coming hope over the Rockies from about 4000 ft to over 9000 feet so it been great!

I just got back from a state away from buying a 2103 Explorer Sport with 10K miles on it. I saved about 9K from new and about $4300 from the best price I could get in Denver CO. with the same like and kind vehicle. So far the vehicle is fantastic! I'm going to Australia at the end of this week but when I get back and have another 1000 miles of the vehicle I will give a real world review of my experiences. So far I love the way the vehicle feels and responds! Could be one of the best cars I've ever bought! I've put about 700 miles on it so far and I'm getting 21-22 mpg coming hope over the Rockies from about 4000 ft to over 9000 feet so it been great!
Welcome to the Forum Player1.:wavey:
Do you still have the Mountaineer? If not, it's time to update your profile.;)

Peter

Peter

Peter, I see the test drive must have been a good one.:thumbsup:

What made you decide to pull the trigger now instead of waiting until your lease was up next year?

My sister has the'14 MKT, she loves it.

Did your Ex. ever get fully broken in-10,000 miles?

What ext. and int. colors did you get?

Happy motoring-tinner

It is Crystal Champagne with premium black leather interior. It has 2nd row buckets but no console. I'm curious to see if the 'adaptive' HID headlights are better than the HID's I had in the Ex. It was the only MKT they had onsite so I couldn't really pick and chose. I wasn't going to get a 2015 Ex since they didn't really change that much so to get a 2016 I would have had to place an order for it next March when my lease would have ended so I could extend my lease another 4 or 5 months for the 2016 to come out. The MKT lease was at 0% interest so I was able to use the refundable security deposit I had coming back to apply to this lease. The way I look at it, that security deposit was already 'spent' money so the real out of pocket expense to get the deal done will be the $31 registration fee. No added taxes or admin fees. The dealer also paid off the $5600 still owing on the Ex lease. This new lease is for 3 years which will then allow me to drive something different and either stay with the brand or switch back to the 2016/17 Explorer.
And yes, the Ex was broken in if you consider 11,000 miles as being broken in.:D

Peter

Attachments

• P3310198.JPG
    P3310198.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 666

It is Crystal Champagne with premium black leather interior. It has 2nd row buckets but no console. I'm curious to see if the 'adaptive' HID headlights are better than the HID's I had in the Ex. It was the only MKT they had onsite so I couldn't really pick and chose. I wasn't going to get a 2015 Ex since they didn't really change that much so to get a 2016 I would have had to place an order for it next March when my lease would have ended so I could extend my lease another 4 or 5 months for the 2016 to come out. The MKT lease was at 0% interest so I was able to use the refundable security deposit I had coming back to apply to this lease. The way I look at it, that security deposit was already 'spent' money so the real out of pocket expense to get the deal done will be the $31 registration fee. No added taxes or admin fees. The dealer also paid off the $5600 still owing on the Ex lease. This new lease is for 3 years which will then allow me to drive something different and either stay with the brand or switch back to the 2016/17 Explorer.
And yes, the Ex was broken in if you consider 11,000 miles as being broken in.:D

Peter

I see why you went for it - and with the black int. you won't have to worry about how new or what brand blue jeans you are wearing that's been a problem for many members.:D

tinner

Congrats Peter! You will love the MKT. We had a 2010 ecoboost AWD and had no complaints.

Congrats Peter! You will love the MKT. We had a 2010 ecoboost AWD and had no complaints.
Thank you. Picking it up this afternoon and will then get a good chance to check it out. Going to be tight in the garage though. The short side where I park the Ex will only give me about 8" clearance for the MKT which is 10" longer. May have to clean out the other longer side.

Peter

Thank you. Picking it up this afternoon and will then get a good chance to check it out. Going to be tight in the garage though. The short side where I park the Ex will only give me about 8" clearance for the MKT which is 10" longer. May have to clean out the other longer side.

Peter

From the picture, the MKT sits lower than the Ex. judging by the mirror height.

The 10" in length hopefully equates to more 2nd row leg room and /or rear storage.

Like the way the grille tapers into the headlights.

From the picture, the MKT sits lower than the Ex. judging by the mirror height.

The 10" in lenght hope fully equates to more 2nd row leg room and /or rear storage.
Lots of 2nd row leg room. Haven't had the 3rd row up yet.
The Ex also sat higher than my previous Highlander.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back