• Register Today It's free!

Rear CV Axles?

xTOM153x

Reaction score
City, State
West Islip Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
I need to replace my my rear cv axles as they have developed play up and down. I do have a BTF 2.25F/1.75R lift so I don't want to get a junk brand since they are at more of a angle. My question is where do you get the rear axles without advance track. I only see rear axle's with advance track on rock auto. If I can somehow use those advance track axles on the rear what brand should i go with? I saw brands like cardone and suretrack on rock auto. I would rather not go with the Ford brand as they want like 400+ per axle. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need to replace my my rear cv axles as they have developed play up and down. I do have a BTF 2.25F/1.75R lift so I don't want to get a junk brand since they are at more of a angle. My question is where do you get the rear axles without advance track. I only see rear axle's with advance track on rock auto. If I can somehow use those advance track axles on the rear what brand should i go with? I saw brands like cardone and suretrack on rock auto. I would rather not go with the Ford brand as they want like 400+ per axle. Thanks

I used cardone in the past (pretty sure it was a remanufactured Ford one) on my 2004. It was an advancetrac type....the only difference as far as I know from the non-advancetrac is that it has a tone ring on the end of it. It's pretty easy to make it work in a non-advancetrac truck....just take a hammer and tap the tone ring outward towards the hub end of the axle, working your way around the diameter of the ring. It'll come off and you can use it.

Sweet Thank You! Also the passenger side oil seal on the differential is leaking fluid. Do you know what the side axle seal part #'s are? I also plan on pulling the entire differential and putting a spartan locker while I am at it.

Sweet Thank You! Also the passenger side oil seal on the differential is leaking fluid. Do you know what the side axle seal part #'s are? I also plan on pulling the entire differential and putting a spartan locker while I am at it.

Put the locker in it! They are awesome!

The cv shaft seal is a redesigned seal that seals better. I had to replace one of mine...I forgot the part number though.

Is this the side axle seal part # E3TZ1S177A? If so does it fit both sides of the rear?

Back