Just placed the order for a 2015 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just placed the order for a 2015 Limited

GFox

Reaction score
City, State
Glastonbury, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer LTD
Well, we did it. After months of test drives and spreadsheets my wife and I pulled the trigger and today placed our order w/ downpayment on a 2015 Explorer Limited. We had X-Plan pricing and were actually surprised when we saw 0 increase for the 2015 from 2014, although there is really nothing new on the Limited. Our specs are:

2015 Limited
Ext - Tuxedo Black
Int - Black
Package 302A
- Luxury Seating (Heat/ Air Cooled/ Perf Leather)
- Navigation
- Power Liftgate
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Active Park Assist
- Lane Keep Assist
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- HID Headlights
- Power Fold 3rd Row
Roof Rack
DVD Headrests
Bucket 2nd Row
Adaptive Cruise Control
Dual Moonroof

We are very excited, but I figure it's going to be awhile. Everything I've read shows them not even beginning production until June. I will keep this updated!

- Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you get the 2nd row console to go with the buckets, or do you want a pass-thru to the 3rd row?

We opted for the pass through. We have an 8 month old and the thought was to be able to access the third row with the car seat installed in the 2nd row.

Congratulations!!! I'm new to this, but I'm struggling with the decision to get the 2014 (sport) or wait for the 2015, but was told from 2 local dealerships that they don't have any information.

Where did you get your info from? I'm so anxious to see pricing info and design.

Thanks, in advance!!

I've been searching like crazy on the 15's as well and I am finding conflicting information with no dates. Is the 15 a reboot or a redesign, and has anyone seen pics of the changes? I have seen the concept all over the place with "2015" attached to it, but then I hear that is getting pushed to 16. Anybody have any good info on this? Debating buying a 14 now or waiting until the end of the year for the 15.

I've been searching like crazy on the 15's as well and I am finding conflicting information with no dates. Is the 15 a reboot or a redesign, and has anyone seen pics of the changes? I have seen the concept all over the place with "2015" attached to it, but then I hear that is getting pushed to 16. Anybody have any good info on this? Debating buying a 14 now or waiting until the end of the year for the 15.

No major changes to the 2015. Someone else on here posted the exact list I got from the dealer. I do know that if you're wanting to build your car you will have to opt for a 2015 as the builds for 2014 are done. The biggest "changes" came to the Sport. The summarized changes (from the sheet on the other post and the sheet I got from the dealer) are:

- Trailer Tow Package Class III Standard on Sport
- New Paint Colors
- Body Colored Door Handles on Sport
- 2nd Row Buckets on Sport include Power Fold
- Power Fold 3rd Row Standard on Sport
- Heated Steering Wheel Option on Sport
- Add an "appearance package" to XLT

So not really anything to write home about, but some nice features added to the Sport. I will admit that I used X Plan pricing and actually dropped just under $200 in ordering a 2015 vs. the 2014 I had priced (we have it pretty much fully loaded).

Hope this helps!!!

- Steve

Congratulations!!! I'm new to this, but I'm struggling with the decision to get the 2014 (sport) or wait for the 2015, but was told from 2 local dealerships that they don't have any information.

Where did you get your info from? I'm so anxious to see pricing info and design.

Thanks, in advance!!

I got my info from here, internet searching, and the dealer. I went to multiple dealers as I can be a little OCD when it comes to spending anything with more than 4 numbers to the left of the decimal. If you are looking for a Sport and you like the extra features I think the 2015 will be worth the wait, and is your only option if you want it built rather than finding one on the lot. They have added most of the options from the Limited now onto the Sport, which who knows why they omitted in the first place. The heated steering wheel and power fold seats are a nice touch to the 2015's. Also I got mine cheaper than I was going to pay for the 2014, though I have heard price rises once dealers get them in. The dealer printed out the Major Product Changes sheet for us when we placed our order. Pricing wise, all I have is mine and I can tell you the following:

MSRP - $52,665

We got a pretty good X-Plan price and this ended up dropping from the MSRP of $52,950 for the 2014 we looked at.

Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!!! I'm chomping at the bit to get our car but of course they won't even start production on the 15's until June 2nd.

Well, we did it. After months of test drives and spreadsheets my wife and I pulled the trigger and today placed our order w/ downpayment on a 2015 Explorer Limited. We had X-Plan pricing and were actually surprised when we saw 0 increase for the 2015 from 2014, although there is really nothing new on the Limited. ....
- Steve

Hi Steve - I'm trying to order a '15 sport but my dealer says they aren't taking orders. I told them of at least two instances on this forum where folks have ordered '15 explorers... They don't believe me and are curious if I can get the name of the dealership.

Would you by chance be willing to divulge the dealership/salesperson you are using so I can get my dealer straightened out?

Thanks!

Hi Steve - I'm trying to order a '15 sport but my dealer says they aren't taking orders. I told them of at least two instances on this forum where folks have ordered '15 explorers... They don't believe me and are curious if I can get the name of the dealership.

Would you by chance be willing to divulge the dealership/salesperson you are using so I can get my dealer straightened out?

Thanks!

Absolutely... We went to Monaco Ford in Glastonbury, CT and have been dealing with Paul Pashley (he's great). There phone number is (860) 652-3000.

Good luck!!!
- Steve

Congrats on getting the 2015. I also am waiting for the 2015 Sport. I was at Pleasantville Ford in NY yesterday, they had a dealer ordered 2014 Sport coming in next week, and they have a 2015 dealer ordered Soort with a build start date of June 9. They are out there, just gotta get lucky. I looked on the Ford website, nothing there about the 2015, but you can def order them.

Absolutely... We went to Monaco Ford in Glastonbury, CT and have been dealing with Paul Pashley (he's great). There phone number is (860) 652-3000.

Good luck!!!
- Steve

Thanks Steve!

Did you find that there are any body design changes? I understand that they may change the grill from chrome to painted? We are signature away from ordering the 2015 Explorer Limited FWD.

We just ran into same problem with build dates. We ordered a 2014 3 weeks ago and the dealer called me this am saying Ford is no longer taking 2014 orders. Where are the specs and color choices for 2015? They are NOT on Ford.com

We just ran into same problem with build dates. We ordered a 2014 3 weeks ago and the dealer called me this am saying Ford is no longer taking 2014 orders. Where are the specs and color choices for 2015? They are NOT on Ford.com

Hi tomrains,

The 2015 Explorer has three new paint colors: Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Caribou Metallic, and Magnetic Metallic. I recommend reaching out to your sales rep so they can get you all kinds of info about the new Explorer. Once you place an order, PM me your order number and dealership name/location; I'll keep you updated on your Explorer's status. :D

Crystal

Hi tomrains,

The 2015 Explorer has three new paint colors: Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Caribou Metallic, and Magnetic Metallic. I recommend reaching out to your sales rep so they can get you all kinds of info about the new Explorer. Once you place an order, PM me your order number and dealership name/location; I'll keep you updated on your Explorer's status. :D

Crystal

We just ordered our 2015 Ford Explorer Limited, fully loaded with the Magnetic Metallic. They start building June 9 I understand that delivery will be in August. Some dealers have the 2015 F-250 Super Duty in stock with the Magnetic Metallic it looks great.

We just ordered our 2015 Ford Explorer Limited, fully loaded with the Magnetic Metallic. They start building June 9 I understand that delivery will be in August. Some dealers have the 2015 F-150 in stock with the Magnetic Metallic it looks great.

Congrats on ordering, Robert#1! I'll be happy to track your order as well; PM me your order number and dealership name/location. I'll do the rest. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Ordering Explorer on Sat. and Ford X Plan

Thanks so much for posting your info. I didn't realize there was an X Plan and after checking out my company I find I can get a pin for the plan. Yeah!
I decided I am going to get the 2015 4WD Limited with the 302A package. Going to go ahead with the caribou metallic, Charcoal/Pecan seats, dual panel moon roof, tow package. Staying with the 40/60 second row but still deciding on whether to go for the Adaptive cruise control. Not sure if it is worth the price. Any opinion?

We just ordered our 2015 Ford Explorer Limited, fully loaded with the Magnetic Metallic. They start building June 9 I understand that delivery will be in August. Some dealers have the 2015 F-150 in stock with the Magnetic Metallic it looks great.

The 2015 F150 is not available until the end of this year. You probably saw a 2014 in Sterling Gray. Not the same color.

Thanks so much for posting your info. I didn't realize there was an X Plan and after checking out my company I find I can get a pin for the plan. Yeah!
I decided I am going to get the 2015 4WD Limited with the 302A package. Going to go ahead with the caribou metallic, Charcoal/Pecan seats, dual panel moon roof, tow package. Staying with the 40/60 second row but still deciding on whether to go for the Adaptive cruise control. Not sure if it is worth the price. Any opinion?

My wife and I love the adaptive cruise it was well worth it to us. It makes taking long trips on the interstate easy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think its one of the best safety features offered, never mind that the Collision Warning and Brake Support system that's part of the ACC has saved me several times.

I would never buy a vehicle without it again.

Same with inflatable rear seatbelts.

Back