My Ford Touch Problems- Software Update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Ford Touch Problems- Software Update

makuloco2000

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
Many of you are having all kinds of issues with your My Touch systems, and also many of you do not know about the BIG update that came out in August of last year. We still get cars in for My Touch problems that do not have this update even 2014's, I don't know if people are just dealing with them cause they don't want to waste time at a dealer or what. Well waste no more you can do the update yourself right in your driveway. There is a few things to know to make is successful so I put a video together walking you through it with tips along the way. Hope this helps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're absolutely right, I just got a 2013 Explorer XLT Hertz rental from Phoenix Sky Harbour and it was 2 versions behind on MFT so I logged on to SYNCMYRIDE and did the update myself. Im sure Hertz has no clue. No one had started the SYNC Services or ever done a VHR so I started those too.

You're absolutely right, I just got a 2013 Explorer XLT Hertz rental from Phoenix Sky Harbour and it was 2 versions behind on MFT so I logged on to SYNCMYRIDE and did the update myself. Im sure Hertz has no clue. No one had started the SYNC Services or ever done a VHR so I started those too.

I've recently came across a vehicle at work with one of the original versions. It was comical how crappy it worked and looked. I can't believe it was ever released on a production vehicle. I have a dedicated flash drive with the latest update that I use when I need to.

Do you just make these videos to drive traffic to your Youtube channel?

I thought the same thing. Especially since they are copy and pasted on numerous websites word for word.

No I make these video to give solid experienced information from someone that works on these all day, some inside information and some history on it. People seem to love it. I put them on the these forums to get the word out as the internet is a big place and results don't always show in google searches.
I thought the same thing. Especially since they are copy and pasted on numerous websites word for word.

Yes I post to multiple sites as many people only stick to one forum site and some forums are models specific too so I don't want to leave anyone out.

No I make these video to give solid experienced information from someone that works on these all day, some inside information and some history on it. People seem to love it. I put them on the these forums to get the word out as the internet is a big place and results don't always show in google searches.

Yes I post to multiple sites as many people only stick to one forum site and some forums are models specific too so I don't want to leave anyone out.

Feh. Your sole contribution on this site has been to drop in links to your videos to drive traffic to your Youtube channel.

Where is the SPAM smilie?

Feh. Your sole contribution on this site has been to drop in links to your videos to drive traffic to your Youtube channel.

Where is the SPAM smilie?

No kidding. Every post has a link to a YouTube video.

No kidding. Every post has a link to a YouTube video.

What is this world coming to people harass others for helping WOW! Get a life, but before you do look at my stats and see how much free advice I give on here about complicated concerns not to mention the other forums and my help desk over at my YouTube channel I answer everyone's questions about their cars. You cannot even fathom the amount of time I spend at night after work helping people out.

I don't mind your video's they do contain some interesting information that not everybody who owns this type of vehicle knows about.

Just as an ongoing self improvement suggestion I find the videos to be too long and full of hypothesising and speculation. The same great information could be delivered in half the time if you just stuck to the facts. There's no need to speculate on what Ford has, is, or will do, just get too it.

What is this world coming to people harass others for helping WOW! Get a life, but before you do look at my stats and see how much free advice I give on here about complicated concerns not to mention the other forums and my help desk over at my YouTube channel I answer everyone's questions about their cars. You cannot even fathom the amount of time I spend at night after work helping people out.
A help desk? Sounds like a business to me, and you are using this and other forums to promote your business and Youtube to generate revenue.

How about participating on this forum? Really participating, not just coming in to tell us about your latest video?

A help desk? Sounds like a business to me, and you are using this and other forums to promote your business and Youtube to generate revenue.

How about participating on this forum? Really participating, not just coming in to tell us about your latest video?

Help Desk is what it feels like, but here is the catch it's all free. Professional advice free and I save people between a couple hundred bucks to thousands on repairs. Check my popular videos out and read the comments below you will see and then you will eat your words.

I have participated in the forums I told you to look plus my inbox is always seems to have question in it also when people want one on one advice but you can't see that either so you just assume...... but you know how many times I try to help someone and they never respond back. I tried that and it just doesn't work. I have a family, small children, a job and hobbies there is simply no time so if I can help by posting how to fix or diagnose something I do but there simply isn't enough time for everything.

This is like the one guy who complained I wore sunglasses in a video I did outside and I had to explain to him I have a sensitivity to light where it actually burn my eye and they start to water boy did he look like an ass after I explained that, my point is just don't assume. I think all the one on one help I give that you don't see is more than enough especially considering it is on my personal time.

I don't mind your video's they do contain some interesting information that not everybody who owns this type of vehicle knows about.

Just as an ongoing self improvement suggestion I find the videos to be too long and full of hypothesising and speculation. The same great information could be delivered in half the time if you just stuck to the facts. There's no need to speculate on what Ford has, is, or will do, just get too it.

I know I ramble sometimes about inside information and theory but that is what makes my videos different as they are not just hey bolt this on take this off here is the torque spec, who can't get that from a workshop manual? Mine is to be a more informational video and then heres how to fix. Have you ever seen eric the car guy he is even worse. People must like it as I gain about 1300 subscribers a month and over 10k views a day but yes I know I need to keep it shorter I am well aware. Problem is it is all off the cuff as I am repairing it at work so at times I can repeat stuff or drone on. Again this is all free professional advice not come here and buy my dvd I will show you how to fix, so it is free and you get what you pay for. You can just not click on the video to watch it also that is an option. Just mark me off as the rambling man and skip past my videos.

I am surprised that people are complaining about you posting videos that are FREE and help people. I appreciate you doing this and feel bad that people are giving you a hard time.

Back