Ford Edge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Edge

kirstenb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer xlt
Mods, feel free to move this---wasn't sure where to post. My sister has an 08 Escape and will need to replace it at some point. I was looking at the Edge for her. Has seating for 5 and looks like it has more room than the new Escape. Plus the Edge just looks good, LOL!!

My question is: My 2014 Explorer weight is roughly 4800 lbs. Why is the Edge so much heavier (over 5000 lbs?) Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mods, feel free to move this---wasn't sure where to post. My sister has an 08 Escape and will need to replace it at some point. I was looking at the Edge for her. Has seating for 5 and looks like it has more room than the new Escape. Plus the Edge just looks good, LOL!!

My question is: My 2014 Explorer weight is roughly 4800 lbs. Why is the Edge so much heavier (over 5000 lbs?) Thanks!!
The Edge weighs between ~4080 lbs for a FWD 3.5L to a maximum of ~4470 for an AWD 3.7L Sport. It is lighter than the Explorer.

Also, the newly refreshed 2015 is just around the corner, if your not in hurry, wait for it, much improved.

Thanks Omar, I must have misread the stats somewhere. Yes, she'd definitely wait til the 2015. I've seen so many Edges around here lately---we definitely live in a Ford town.

When my '03 V8 Ex needed replacing I offered to buy my wife a new Edge and take her '07 Explorer for myself. She said something to the effect of 'no way in heck' was I getting her Explorer from her. So, I bought me a new Explorer.

For those of you who might ask why I didn't give her the new Explorer: that wasn't the offer... :)

My neighbor has a 2014 Edge in Ruby Red, same color as my Explorer. Together you can tell they are siblings, with the Edge being the Explorer's little brother.

Back