• Register Today It's free!

need valve covers for 4.0 ohv

jennielee86

Reaction score
City, State
Irwin, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
Need a rust free good set of valve covers for my 2000 explorer 4.0 ohv. Apparently doing the gaskets twice in a lil over a year has not stopped the oil leak and now im trying to find a good set and have had no luck locating them in the aftermarket parts

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Need a rust free good set of valve covers for my 2000 explorer 4.0 ohv. Apparently doing the gaskets twice in a lil over a year has not stopped the oil leak and now im trying to find a good set and have had no luck locating them in the aftermarket parts

have you looked on ebay and/or craigslist? I doubt anyone ever made aftermarket valve covers for the OHV 4.0L.

I have and honestl at this point if i find nothjng on here i will go to the dealer. Prices on ebay are close to the same and if i have issues with a new part id rather be able to drive to a dealer rather than ship to ebay just to save 5 bucks. I figured if someone on here had a set that was used but good it would be worth trying before buying new if i could avoid it.

Junkyard item. What's wrong with the originals? If you bent them up too much, could a machine shop fix them?

pm [MENTION=17822]Turdle[/MENTION] he might have a set that he has powdercoated and laying around.

Please take a look into my powdercoating thread/

Junkyard item. What's wrong with the originals? If you bent them up too much, could a machine shop fix them?

Yes, if the OP could find a set I will burn them off, mediablast them for integrity check and thourough cleaning and powdercoat color of choice for 60.00 plus shipping. They will outlast the truck

pm [MENTION=17822]Turdle[/MENTION] he might have a set that he has powdercoated and laying around.

Right now I wish I did. I might go look for a set of the OP is interested.

The ones i have are not bent but just leak. I have torqued everything to spec both times but no matter how well i think they are cleaned or straight (flat) it never works and ends up leaking months later. I would do junkyard but mine dont look bad to begin with but still leak i dont wanna take a chance of the junk yard pulling them off wrong (the one i have near me sucks and the u pull it is a drive to say the least)

Right now I wish I did. I might go look for a set of the OP is interested.

to the op, go this route if jon has time. you WILL NOT be disappointed.
his stuff is like crank. you get him to do one part, then a little while later another part, then soon your calling him in the middle of the night asking him to hook you up.......well, not exactly like that, but once you get a part from him, you will want more lol

Well this weekend proved to be one huge mess. The bolt on the back of the alternator broke the rest of the way friday night (was partially broken since i bought the vehicke 2 years ago) had a guy fix that thank goodness saving money, put it all back together after rtv ing the valve covers on and the fuel damper started spraying fuel everywhere.. darn those things are hard to find. Found 1 in a junkyard sunday morning. Got to work this morning and she drove fine the whole way here but when i parked the car surged and the abs light came on (in park with e brake on) not sure why this happened...turned the car back on a few minutes later after looking under the hood and it ran ok for a few seconds but by that time j had to clock in....sorry for the run on sentences but does anyone have any ideas..

Back