explorer express eaton m90 xcharger kit with extras | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer express eaton m90 xcharger kit with extras

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am selling my very rare explorer express xcharger kit for the 5L v8 second gen explorers, or for the guys that have done a v8 swap in a RBV. this kit is i would say 95% complete. all that will be missing is 2 blots that hold 2 pulleys on (i have the part number, and you can get them from ebay or rockauto), a bracket that relocates the DEFP sensor to the firewall, and all the vacuum lines. other then that, it will come with all the hardware you will need, all the brackets you will need (and they are painted truefire blue, but are a little chipped up), 3 different pulleys (that make anywhere from 5lbs, to 10lbs of boost), 3 belts (one is new, never used), and even the instruction sheet. the extras that i will include are, 1 boost gauge, 1 Innovate LC1 Wideband (but i dont have the gauge), and 1 intercooler that has never been used, or mounted, and a intake elbow that i have made for it that you can put a 75mm throttle body on, but the stock one will also blot on to it..
i have had this kit on for aprox 2 years, and i am the second owner of it. it is a low mileage kit. the previous owner had told me that he only put about 20k miles on it, and i maybe have put 10k miles on it.
it works great. its has proven to be very reliable (i have drove down to philly with it on the truck twice, and it is a 27 hour drive one way) and have seen up to 19 mpg at 75mph (with proper tuning, and supporting mods). this kit can be bolted onto a stock motor with no tuning with the 3 inch pulley (5-6lbs of boost).
the only reason i am selling it is because i have now put a eaton m112 on it, and would rather see someone else be able to use it instead of it be shelved.
i am asking $2200 (u.s dollar) for everything in the pictures (one bracket is not pictured, it is still on the truck, but it will come with the kit, same with coil bracket, its on the truck still, but will come with it) plus any paypal fees, and shipping fees from manitoba canada postal code r1a 0p3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump, and new info i am posting

for newer members with little to no post history, if you have been a member for a number of years with little to no post history, and possibly non elite status members (unless i recognize your name) , i will not except paypal from. i will ask for a certified check to be mailed first. when funds clear, and money is in my account, i will send the kit out. paypal, the same, i will wait until funds have cleared.
if you are worried i am going to take your money and run, think again. i have been on this board for 7 years, and have a good reputation, and will keep it that way.

Bump for interest.
How much power were you making?

How much power were you making?

i dont know how fair it is to say. when i dyno'd it in the summer, it was nowhere near home (so the tune my have been off a bit). an speaking of tunes, i had the wrong one in it, so it was way to early (it shifted out of drive by its self at 4800rpm vs 5600 rmp its suppose to be at). with that all said, and with the supporting mods (and 20 inch rims on it) it made 251 hp and 327 torque at the tires. even the guys running the dyno said it would have been more if it didnt shift.

I want to chime in here on the dyno numbers.
What peak hp/torque doesn't show is how quick the torque comes on. Its a very low rpm with these M90's. Talking peak numbers doesn't really give the real story. Lots of fun to drive with all that power coming on so early.

I really want to see someone install the M90 with that intercooler. The heat of the compressed air really limits power production from full potential also.

tempting for sure.....

they dont come up for sale often. and most times when they do, they are not this complete.

Is this my old kit?

If it is, X2 on the power coming on extremely hard/fast. I dynoed 250hp/300tq on a stock 5.0 with the 5PSI pulley with a ghetto/canned tuned from SNIPER.

Pulled like a freighttrain and even once cammed it didn't fall out of boost higher in the RPM range with the 8PSI pulley. I parted out for the same reason basically, tuning limitations on the trans (I'm sure if someone actually had a Pro involved they could overcome this easily).

I just bought an explorer today, but its sadly a 4.0 SOHC truck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back