New Member: 95 keyless entry fob/remote question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Member: 95 keyless entry fob/remote question

I really hate to disagree with koda, but my '97 Eddie Bauer has full remote operation, a door keypad, and a RAP module. It does not have a chipped key and PATS, however - I think that is what started in 1998.

I agree the Pats models began in 1998, but DJC333 (original poster) did state his was a 95 XLT. I'm still confused why his 95 doesn't have a keypad on the door.

[MENTION=269305]DJC333[/MENTION]
Even though you don't have a keypad, perhaps it may be possible you still have a Rap module, I just don't know for sure.
To check, open the door in the jack area at the drivers side rear quarter panel. Then look inside forward towards the front of the vehicle. If you have a Rap module it will be a gray box secured at an angle.

Edited: After checking that a Rap Module is present, on the 95 to 97 Explorers when entering the codes by turning the ignition from off to accessory\on must me done 5 Times, NOT 8 as with later models.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really hate to disagree with koda, but my '97 Eddie Bauer has full remote operation, a door keypad, and a RAP module. It does not have a chipped key and PATS, however - I think that is what started in 1998.

Sorry, I believe you are mistaken. I have a 1995 Explorer XLT that has the factory keyless entry system with the keypad on the door, Anti-Theft, and indeed it has a Rap module. The same Rap module fits 95-97 Explorers.

I recently had problems with the keyless entry where no functions worked so I purchased a used replacement RAP module that solved my problem. I started a thread on it and you can read about it here:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416020

If you look at the pics in one of my posts you will see the number 950403 on my Rap unit.That is the manufacturers date, April 3, 1995.

Apparently the OP 95 Explorer does not have a keypad, I would have thought all Explorer XLT's had that feature but that doesn't seem to be the case.

you're correct. I was confusing RAP with PATS.

My locks don't cycle when I turn the key 5 times. Now I have two 3 button key fobs that I have no use for. Maybe I'll post an ad on Craigslist "Ford 3 button keyless entry remotes/fobs - FREE PROGRAMMING - $10".

My locks don't cycle when I turn the key 5 times. Now I have two 3 button key fobs that I have no use for. Maybe I'll post an ad on Craigslist "Ford 3 button keyless entry remotes/fobs - FREE PROGRAMMING - $10".

Before you sell, did you check and confirm that you DON'T have a Rap Module, quite easy to do as per my previous instructions?

Before you sell, did you check and confirm that you DON'T have a Rap Module, quite easy to do as per my previous instructions?
Not there. I wish it was :(

Back