Wierd electrical/ignition/starter/problem | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wierd electrical/ignition/starter/problem

Alternator bad as well

Recharged battery and bench tested starter twice. Starter passed both times. Also had alternator tested while I was at it, and it showed as being bad. Since it was under warrenty, I replaced it. Soon as I get new battery cables, I'll put it all back together, triple check everything & keep my fingers crossed.

Problem solved! FINALLY! Wierd electrical/ignition/starter/problem

Recharged battery and bench tested starter twice. Starter passed both times. Also had alternator tested while I was at it, and it showed as being bad. Since it was under warrenty, I replaced it. Soon as I get new battery cables, I'll put it all back together, triple check everything & keep my fingers crossed.

After replacing the battery, starter, battery cables, and finally the alternator, the truck runs perfectly. From what I was told, the alternator failed, which caused the battery to fail, which in turn caused the starter to fail. Having less than perfect battery cables didn't help either. I'd planned on changing the cables a long time ago but never got around to it . This time I've got new cables (Motorcraft Negative off ebay, brand new for $29.00 & NAPA Positive for $56.00), so I won't have cable's to worry about. I plan on having the alternator checked regularly from now on. Many thanks to all the help & advice from everyone.:salute:

HAve a wonderfull Christmas!

Chris.

Back