• Register Today It's free!

Strong oil smell at sti

xchamp

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Hey all. I have a 2013 Sport with 19k miles. For the past few months the wife has been complianing about a strong oil odor when she stops at an intersection. Had it at the dealer once and of course they couldn't find anything. The other day when she backed out of garage it stalled and message popped up "low oil pressure". I immediately got it from her checked oil, all was good. Since it was about due to be changed it. Did a thorough investigation and found numerous oil seeps but nothing major. Driving it around the oil odor was terrible when you come to a stop. Taking back to dealer next week. I just like to have some input for them before I'm told they can't find anything!! I've read on here about the exhaust/gas odor on here but not the problem I'm experiencing. Anyone have this problem and if so was there a fix or TSB??

I have about 2100 on my 15' Sport, and I am starting to notice a faint oil smell at idle as well. Where did you notice your oil seepage at?

Hey all. I have a 2013 Sport with 19k miles. For the past few months the wife has been complianing about a strong oil odor when she stops at an intersection. Had it at the dealer once and of course they couldn't find anything...

I have about 2100 on my 15' Sport, and I am starting to notice a faint oil smell at idle as well...

Hi, folks!

I want to escalate you to your regional customer service managers so they can assist. To get started, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll get your issues pushed up the line. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back