Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
In 2015 MLK weekend is on January 19. We'll be out there Jan 16-18th.

Information about Truck Haven Hills at Salton City, CA.

Truck Haven is a huge playground for off-road vehicles. There are trails for everyone, from mild, to wild. This is a great place to test your driving abilities as well as the capabilities of your Explorer. You can see the kind of fun we've had during previous events by checking out a Trip Report from a previous run

Vehicle damage: There is always a possibility of vehicle damage any time you go offroading. Damage could be to the body, and/or mechanical.

Please have safe tow points attached to your frame at the front and rear of your vehicle! It's also recommended that you bring your own tow strap.

Normally, the majority of participants camp at our Truck Haven base camp.

There are NO facilities available at Truck Haven. Camping is primitive with no water, toilets or showers available. If you have a porta potty bring it. A 5 gallon bucket with a plastic bag will work well

Bring everything you will need. Everyone is also requested to bring firewood to add to our traditional BIG campfire. If you can't bring any don't worry about it, but the more we have, the bigger the fire

Bring your own cooking supplies. If you don't have any you can probably share someone else's grill.

There is a small grocery store, two truck stops, a Mexican restaurant, and a general menu restaurant in Salton City and just beyond.

Weather conditions in January usually consist of warm days and cool to cold nights. Rain could be present. High winds, and driving dust storms are always possible. Come prepared!

This is a newbie friendly run. If you have never wheeled before we would be glad to show you the ropes.

Who is in??

Rick and Char
Maniak
danielwilsey
Tbars4
Bkennedy - maybe
Stic-O - Maybe
Demo1986
Ritsui - probably
DB-1 - Maybe
FR-425
DaExplorer - Most likely
rjcooperss396
jobunn

Attachments

• 1D7_3632.jpg
    1D7_3632.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 654
  • 1D7_3669.jpg
    1D7_3669.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 579
  • 1D7_3672.jpg
    1D7_3672.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 670
  • 1D7_3046.jpg
    1D7_3046.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 587
  • 1D7_3036.jpg
    1D7_3036.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 596
  • db1_climb.jpg
    db1_climb.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 566

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm putting in my vacation tomorrow.. I'm not going to miss another run... I need some wheeling..

oh yea.. I guess I should let Yolanda know too..

~Mark

I'm in, and bringing out my mom this time to have some fun as well

...:shifty_ey...I don't watch football so I'm probably gonna make it..:p:

[MENTION=3817]BKennedy[/MENTION] [MENTION=4189]RockRanger[/MENTION] [MENTION=12287]Stic-o[/MENTION] [MENTION=39323]zukman[/MENTION] [MENTION=1515]tdavis[/MENTION] [MENTION=7221]DB_1[/MENTION] @sirhk [MENTION=5914]offroadkc[/MENTION] [MENTION=242785]FR-425[/MENTION] [MENTION=10244]Ritsui[/MENTION]

[MENTION=33949]rjcooperss396[/MENTION] [MENTION=190674]Bulldozer[/MENTION] [MENTION=173980]easymc[/MENTION] [MENTION=16351]Boomer12[/MENTION] [MENTION=131]Paul B.[/MENTION] [MENTION=2204]FAKRWEE[/MENTION] [MENTION=11068]david alfaro[/MENTION] [MENTION=52098]RJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=157025]DaExplorer[/MENTION]

I'm a maybe. Wife may let me head out for a day, but as usual it is my daughter's birthday. If I do it would be Friday afternoon and may have to leave Saturday afternoon. It's better than nothing though.:D

Let me make sure we don't have anything planned already. The 16th is my birthday so I might be able to the trip my birthday present.

I'm a maybe too..I may or may not be in the ranger.

I'm in. It will be a good place to test my new 4x4 terrain.

<-- Probably -->

Can get busy with new installs in January, but I've got this on the calendar first.

Will only be bringing the Explorer this time.

This is who I have down so far:

Rick and Char
Maniak
danielwilsey
Tbars4
Bkennedy
Stic-O - Maybe
Demo1986
Ritsui - probably
DB-1 - Maybe

Remember everyone. ..gas is cheap. ..er:D

This is who I have down so far:

Rick and Char
Maniak
danielwilsey
Tbars4
Bkennedy - Maybe
Stic-O - Maybe
Demo1986
Ritsui - probably
DB-1 - Maybe

Fixed it for you :)

With some wanting before, and some wanting after I am just leaving it as is.

I deleted the discussion about a new date to avoid confusion going forward.

This massive storm may be re-modeling Truck Haven for us :bounce:

Mud would be fun! or at least less dust!

I'm in.... ..
:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This massive storm may be re-modeling Truck Haven for us :bounce:

Dave could probably say better, but I'm not sure it made it that far south:(

Back