01-05 Sport Trac FAQs | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

I bought a 2005 ST a couple of months ago, and the speedometer has quit working, I went to the local parts store to buy a new sensor, but that made no difference! Does anyone know if there's away to diagnose problem without spending a ton money at the ford dealer. They tell me it will take a couple of days, and could be as much as 800.00 dollars just find the problem!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2001 Sport Trac max tire size upgrade on 15" wheels without a lift is 31 10.50 x 15

Hey guys quick question...what's the least/most amount of backspace we can work with for aftermarket rims?

Generally between 3.75 and 4.5.

Does anyone know if our front turn signal bulb sockets are standard (non ck) or ck sockets? Looking to try the 3157amber xb leds from trs

Does anyone know if our front turn signal bulb sockets are standard (non ck) or ck sockets? Looking to try the 3157amber xb leds from trs

My LEDs are standard. I know some cars it doesn't matter though. But I'd go with standard

My LEDs are standard. I know some cars it doesn't matter though. But I'd go with standard

From what I'm reading it does matter between non ck and ck sockets because the wiring is different, The pins are in different positions. Testing the pins is how they said to test it and I have no clue how to. I wasn't sure if someone had already done so. I could be completely wrong on all this but I really don't want to chance it on these leds because of price

From what I'm reading it does matter between non ck and ck sockets because the wiring is different, The pins are in different positions. Testing the pins is how they said to test it and I have no clue how to. I wasn't sure if someone had already done so. I could be completely wrong on all this but I really don't want to chance it on these leds because of price

So far from what I've found, places say about 99% of cars use the standard wiring, and what I've seen that use ck are:
88-95-01 Cavalier and Sunfire tail lamp bulbs

92-98 Grand Am tail lamp bulbs

Toyota Tundra front turn signals

When I did all the searching when I replaced all my stuff to LED, only the standard ever popped up for explorers

So far from what I've found, places say about 99% of cars use the standard wiring, and what I've seen that use ck are:
88-95-01 Cavalier and Sunfire tail lamp bulbs

92-98 Grand Am tail lamp bulbs

Toyota Tundra front turn signals

When I did all the searching when I replaced all my stuff to LED, only the standard ever popped up for explorers

Thank you, that helps for reassurance. I sure hope the color will be a true Amber as listed rather than the yellow, I really don't like the yellow for the turn signals…even the yellow reflector in the corner, wish it was Amber also.

TRS is some quality stuff, they should definitely be amber. My OCD about not having colors that at least contrast well with the truck made me get clear corners, I can't stand yellow reflectors

Issue with rear passenger side window stopped working from switch on door and driver master control switch also ???? Could it be the motor is bad??
Any help for fix is appreciated!!!!!

Issue with rear passenger side window stopped working from switch on door and driver master control switch also ???? Could it be the motor is bad??
Any help for fix is appreciated!!!!!

Might want to post your own thread - I don't think your question qualifies as 'frequently asked.'

I was going to ask same question on max tire size w/o lift, have a nice set of 31s on a parts bronco I have.

any one know if 1st generation explorer wheels will work on my 2001 ST ?
have a few spares and would like to use them up if possible. good to use parts I already have. :):thumbsup:

Looking to finally get rims/tires and had few quetions. Will 33's fit with just body lift or would I need TT/shackles too?
Also its a 2wd so its mainly just for looks/occasional trails, but I have 3.73 gears in the rear would 33's work or am I better off with 32's? Thanks.

Yes they will fit with a BL. You won't have much get up and go with 3.73s but I don't think its a bad setup. I had 4.10s and 35s which are about the same effective ratio.

I was going to ask same question on max tire size w/o lift, have a nice set of 31s on a parts bronco I have.

any one know if 1st generation explorer wheels will work on my 2001 ST ?
have a few spares and would like to use them up if possible. good to use parts I already have. :):thumbsup:

Bolt patter is the same but backspace and offset might be a little different. Easiest way would be try and bolt em up real quick. Even without tores just to see where they sit.

I need to know the location of the 2005 explorer sport trac keypad entry code location

My 2004 Trac wants to keep the check engine light on. I've taken it to two or three different shops (one an actual Ford dealership) and always get the same answer; everything looks fine, it must just be a computer glitch. I feel like if the light is on then there is an issue though. Anyone else have this issue? And know how to solve it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

June 29, 2000 Job 2

Get your Cruise control recall done. ASAP! Unplug the harness to the switch on the master cylinder until you have it done. FIRE HAZARD !!

my 99 explorer had that recall and i never did it and never disconnected it and it still runs and drives and cruise works still.
:thumbsup:

Back