Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

I hope everyone [Eric, Caleb, Bryan, Brian, Adam & Cassie, Chris & Russel, Mike & Robert, Daniel, and Ted] can make it again next year, this was just a great mix of people to go off-roading with :)

Oh, I'll be there, plus one (two if you count the dog...)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few from Fins and Things

002_zpsee59tzpt.jpg

Damn, I got fat lol

Finally, I've got a photo of Mike just before the haunting 'hop' that set the roll into motion. This feature was towards the end of the trail, and started with a sharp left hand turn into a near vertical face of slick rock. Even in 3 wheel drive Mike was getting those front tires to come up off the ground while fighting for every square inch of traction.
Crap, I forgot about the 3 wheel drive issue.

After we began to move the Jack back to the trail, Anthony noticed the left front wheel was not getting grip, the hub was in the "unlock" position, and I defiantly remember locking the hubs before beginning the trail. This is the wheel that fell off on Chicken Corners. I never verified the hubs were locked during stops on Fins, never had this happen before.

Nice pics tho, Anthony!!

The Green Buffalo is a awesome name for Robert's rig.:D

Glad you like them Mike! Yeah, I remember you doing a bit of a burnout in the sand to get back on the trail afterwards and thought it looked a bit odd to see only 3 of the wheels spin. I think had that other tire been engaged you would have had a much more victorious ending!

As for Robert's Green Buffalo, I'm glad you guys are alright with that nickname getting stuck to it. That thing is such a cool and unusual Explorer, it stands out (much like Dr. Jack will after the rebuild)!

146_zpsjmudglmq.jpg

Another use for a hatchet I would not have thought of, cutting out a windshield.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 320

As for Robert's Green Buffalo, I'm glad you guys are alright with that nickname getting stuck to it. That thing is such a cool and unusual Explorer, it stands out (much like Dr. Jack will after the rebuild)!

I have been looking for a name for it, I just could think of one that fit The Green Buffalo is great, Thanks Anthony

someone tell why when I try to quote someone it will not show up likes the others ?????

After you click the Quote button thingy, Make sure your flashing courser is outside the Quote boxes completely when you type. Either above or below the Quoted boxes, and it should come out fine when you submit.

Another use for a hatchet I would not have thought of, cutting out a windshield.

Fire Academy taught me a few things I never would have thought of before either lol. Now that I'm thinking about it, along with duct tape, I'll keep a roll of packing tape with me too in case a window breaks like the rear one, we can just put the tape on it to avoid having any more little pieces fall...

After you click the Quote button thingy, Make sure your flashing courser is outside the Quote boxes completely when you type. Either above or below the Quoted boxes, and it should come out fine when you submit.

ok will try this

someone tell why when I try to quote someone it will not show up likes the others ?????

And don't erase the words that say quote or the [ things around it either...

Alright, dug out the series of pictures I took while everybody was re-grouping on one of the slick rock fins. Great shot of everybody's rig!

Mike

213_zpsb0oon3bb.jpg

Dan

212_zpsg7uizc55.jpg

Adam & Cassie

211_zpsjnauulyl.jpg

Caleb

210_zpslvd2mwog.jpg

Robert & Kurt

209_zpshqcbzm0f.jpg

Bryan & the Family

208_zpsd4tpqzmk.jpg

Russell & Chris

207_zpstjzbvuoi.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a sticker for the rollover club? If not, we need to make them!

No, but great idea. I will talk to Ben and see if we can come up with something. However, there is an upside down explorer icon that can now be put in your signature. Mine has 2 :(

Back