Opinons | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinons

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Personally I like the black and white decal. Just one mans opinion

IMHO do the B&W overlay......all black looks like it's not finished.

Thx guys. I'm going to see how the sticker looks. If it doesn't look right I may strip the whole thing then start over with all black and just the letters painted white.

I tried the painted look and it did not last long. I'm now going with the 3m wrap

Attachments

• 20150720_123711_resized.jpg
    20150720_123711_resized.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 368

Are you talking the di-noc? (Carbon fiber looking wrap, or something else?)

I have a simple wrap.

IMHO do the B&W overlay......all black looks like it's not finished.

100% agreed! Do the overlay. The all blacked out really looks generic and cheap. It detracts from the Explorer's rugged good looks. Of course, my opinion is just that... Go with what you like the best. You have a nice vehicle there!

Explorer%20Grill.jpg

Curious, are those things in your grill the antenna portion of your radar detector system?

Or lights?

That is the laser jamming sensors. radar detector is mounted to rear view mirror.

thanks guys. I got the stickers the other day and was pleased they were black and white. I thought they were going to be more shiny, almost like the chrome on the oem. i hate that its a sticker, but i think it looks good (better than all black) I hope it lasts, being it's a sticker. It looks better in person, these were taken in my dark garage...

picture upload

imag

That is the laser jamming sensors. radar detector is mounted to rear view mirror.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure laser/radar jammers are illegal in California.

Sure it is. ;) its probably a death ray or something. Lol

Ok that was some funny stuff. But if it can get me out of a ticket then I'm all for it.
I just like fair play if the law can have a radar gun then I can have a radar detector. And same goes for Lidar gun.
;)

I thing a small band of chrome paint around the edge of mine would look good, but I like the look of yours

Back