1995 - 2001 Ford Explorer 4WD Front Hub Bearing Pair with ABS Sensor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 - 2001 Ford Explorer 4WD Front Hub Bearing Pair with ABS Sensor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WHAT BRAND ARE THEY? I know that you do not manufacture them, you get them from a wholesaler that imports them from China or wherever - Do you have any of the "Good Wheel Bearings" that will hold up to Off-Road abuse, Like in my opinion the best available TIMKIN, or second choice would be MOOG. If you do carry these how much are they and do you offer the same warranty for bearings that are actually used being that's why we have 4WD? Im interested in the best price I can get for a pair of TIMKIN non-ABS front wheel bearing hubs for a 99 Ranger 4.0L -

If anyone know's where I can find a Dealer who offers the higher end hub bearings, because I USE MY TRUCK as 4WD TRUCK - And have went through 4 sets of the "LESS EXPENSIVE" Brands and even though they will replace them, swapping them out every 4 to 6 month's gets OLD FAST - AS I HAVE LEARNED THE HARD WAY SEVERAL TIMES WITH EVERY VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED, YOU ABSOLUTELY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! BUY IT ONCE AND SPEND THE MONEY ONCE and FROM MY EXPERENCE YOU WILL ONLY HAVE TO INSTALL THEM ONCE! Align it every 3 to 6 months depending on how hard you use it and you will find out overall you will have saved yourself a ton of Headache, Time and most of all MONEY IN THE LONG RUN!

I'm selling a pair of moog bearing for 175 plus shipping if your interested.

WHAT BRAND ARE THEY? I know that you do not manufacture them, you get them from a wholesaler that imports them from China or wherever - Do you have any of the "Good Wheel Bearings" that will hold up to Off-Road abuse, Like in my opinion the best available TIMKIN, or second choice would be MOOG. If you do carry these how much are they and do you offer the same warranty for bearings that are actually used being that's why we have 4WD? Im interested in the best price I can get for a pair of TIMKIN non-ABS front wheel bearing hubs for a 99 Ranger 4.0L -

If anyone know's where I can find a Dealer who offers the higher end hub bearings, because I USE MY TRUCK as 4WD TRUCK - And have went through 4 sets of the "LESS EXPENSIVE" Brands and even though they will replace them, swapping them out every 4 to 6 month's gets OLD FAST - AS I HAVE LEARNED THE HARD WAY SEVERAL TIMES WITH EVERY VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED, YOU ABSOLUTELY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! BUY IT ONCE AND SPEND THE MONEY ONCE and FROM MY EXPERENCE YOU WILL ONLY HAVE TO INSTALL THEM ONCE! Align it every 3 to 6 months depending on how hard you use it and you will find out overall you will have saved yourself a ton of Headache, Time and most of all MONEY IN THE LONG RUN!

We also carry the Timken wheel bearings. they include free shipping and a lifetime warranty.

I put 1AAuto hubs on my 98 4x4 in June. No issues, straightforward install, paid about $150 for the set when they ran a special. I could not justify paying more for hubs on a 198k mile car. I also put on a new spindle nut as they are specified single use. They are hard to source however. Took me a while to find a set. Properly installed with properly torqued spindle nuts I am completely comfortable with the 1AAuto discount hubs. If they crap prematurely out I'll raise hell with 1AAuto and we'll get the issue resolved mutually satisfactorily. But I doubt 1AAuto would be selling a knowingly shoddy product. They actively participate in the forum, have a solid customer base here, and appear to be running a reputable business. Why would they risk screwing that up?

^^followup: ...just looked back over the paperwork. I paid $120.45 for the set. No tax, free shipping, exactly as listed in their website. The $150 amount was including the spindle nuts.

I put 1AAuto hubs on my 98 4x4 in June. No issues, straightforward install, paid about $150 for the set when they ran a special. I could not justify paying more for hubs on a 198k mile car. I also put on a new spindle nut as they are specified single use. They are hard to source however. Took me a while to find a set. Properly installed with properly torqued spindle nuts I am completely comfortable with the 1AAuto discount hubs. If they crap prematurely out I'll raise hell with 1AAuto and we'll get the issue resolved mutually satisfactorily. But I doubt 1AAuto would be selling a knowingly shoddy product. They actively participate in the forum, have a solid customer base here, and appear to be running a reputable business. Why would they risk screwing that up?

Thank you for your order. I ran our economy hubs in my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4" of lift and 31" mud tires. I logged 80,000 miles on those wheel bearings before selling the Jeep and they were fine.

What I did do is I properly torqued the axle nut to the recommended setting, I did not impact them on.

Tony

Back