• Register Today It's free!

My 99 Sport

mcclureautomotiv

Reaction score
City, State
surprise,AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport, 97 Ranger
Hey fellow explorer enthusiasts. Here is my 99 sport, 2wd 5 speed currently. I bought it as a 1 owner, stock, rust free AZ truck. I still have the stock eng and trans, but that should be changing to a 347 and a tremec 5 speed in the next year!

Attachments

• IMG_20150628_183716_849.jpg
    IMG_20150628_183716_849.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_20150628_183454_745.jpg
    IMG_20150628_183454_745.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20150628_181944_641 (2).jpg
    IMG_20150628_181944_641 (2).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20150628_184738_272.jpg
    IMG_20150628_184738_272.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 347

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Explorer

Very nice looking truck!
Congratulations on finding it and welcome to the forum.

That's a beaut'

Good looking Sport. Although I may be a little biased.

IMAG0766.jpg

Thanks. You have the stance and look I have been working towards. Love the wheel combo. What's the size and offset? Yours is the only Sport other than mine I've seen with the step bars on the standard rocker trim pieces.

God I'm jealous of you guys that have nice rust free vehicles all around you. Nice looking sport congrats.

Thanks. You have the stance and look I have been working towards. Love the wheel combo. What's the size and offset? Yours is the only Sport other than mine I've seen with the step bars on the standard rocker trim pieces.

God I'm jealous of you guys that have nice rust free vehicles all around you. Nice looking sport congrats.

I just have 2" blocks in the rear, 4 door spring packs, and lowered the torsion bars in the front. I did have to cut the front bump stops in half though.

I'm not sure what the offset is. My friend gave them to me. He had them on his 69 mach 1. I refinished them. They're 17x9 cobra r wheels. I made the center caps from plexiglass, cause I couldn't find any I liked!

I got the step bars from the junkyard. I didn't realize they had different plastics, but I like it with the standard plastic!

I LOVE living in a place with no rust!

That's a very nice sport. Wouldn't mind having one of those. And it's a manual too? Oh man.

Super clean, love it.

That's a very nice sport. Wouldn't mind having one of those. And it's a manual too? Oh man.

Thanks! Yes, it's a manual too! It's so fun to drive!

With those wheels and that stance- looks great.

Thanks! Since I lowered it and put the wide wheels on it, it handles like it's on rails! I can usually take turns, that the recommended speed is 40, at 90-95 mph! Haven't really pushed her any harder than that yet!

Super clean, love it.

Thanks! I was going to do more to the body, but once I got to this point I fell in love again!

Here's some pics of what I did to the wheels. The paint I used is duplicolor hyper silver.

This is when I stripped the oem paint. Aircraft paint remover is awesome!
2013-10-20 14.37.58.jpg

These are the center caps after I cut them from an old golf cart windshield! I just used a hole saw, then filled the hole with epoxy. Sanded all the edges and front. I epoxied some flat Chrysler center caps to the back, to help hold them in the wheels!
IMG_20140422_190148_376.jpg

Here they are! I got some ford emblems from caps in the junkyard. I attached them to the caps with right stuff gasket maker!
IMG_20140423_191539_831.jpg

The finished product! I ended up gluing the caps in place with right stuff. I figured it would hold until I needed them off! I rebalanced my tires recently, and the caps popped right out! I reglued them and reinstalled!
IMG_20140423_191016_732.jpg

Wheels

Wow they turned out great! Look like new wheels, the center caps were a great Idea too, love the ford emblem on them.

Here's the newest addition to the family. A 97 ranger 2.3, 5speed, 2wd. I've had it since Jan. It was another 1 owner when I got it! I've done some to it already. The newest things are the fog lights and valance and the explorer buckets and center console. There is a lot more planned for this little truck!

I always get so jealous of these rust free southern & western trucks man. Looks great.
Thanks! I'm from Ohio, so I am excited about them too! lol The Ranger did start it's life in WI, so it does have a little more than the explorer. The guy was in the air force and got stationed here soon after he bought it new!

Thanks! I'm from Ohio, so I am excited about them too! lol The Ranger did start it's life in WI, so it does have a little more than the explorer. The guy was in the air force and got stationed here soon after he bought it new!
Lucky, everything up here is just like mine, rockers rusting through and everything. Wish mine was rust free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update on the ranger. We're at a 5/7 drop, explorer 8.8 4.10 lsd, airflow upgrades, clutch upgrades, custom grille
20200607_161153.jpg
20200607_161145.jpg
20200607_161135.jpg
..........a lot more and a lot more to go! Lol

Back