Sync 3 Upgrade. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3 Upgrade.

uscav82

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Alright so I have no issue being the mule on this one. I unfortunately have an incompetent service department and I'm getting real sick and tired of explaining their jobs to them.

I know Ford isn't going to make any upgrades available to those of us with this broken system. What I need is the complete wiring diagrams for the APIM's for the '13 model year and the newer Sync 3 APIM's. I have no problem going over other Gen5 year diagrams as well just to look at what changes if any there are. I'm sure

I heavily suspect that while connectors may change not much else is going to. Unless there is a change in what bus network it operates on, there really isnt much else I see getting in the way, maybe screen size and mounting but I would like to look at the diagrams before I really get that far. Going through the parts catalog the part numbers appear to be the same.

I'm not currently employed by Ford, Ford Trained however. Considering my local dealer is the only one within an hour I dont see myself ever wanting to join their **** show.

Any current techs have access to these diagrams? This could be a pretty simple change over.

If you are Ford trained you should know that you can get access to all vehicle repair manuals through www.motorcraftservice.com for like $22 bucks for 72 hours. Dig away and save everything you need in PDF format.

Any current techs have access to these diagrams? This could be a pretty simple change over.
Yeah. Let us know how this works out.

If you can do this, it will be an amazing upgrade.

The real cost will be the APIM.

If you are Ford trained you should know that you can get access to all vehicle repair manuals through www.motorcraftservice.com for like $22 bucks for 72 hours. Dig away and save everything you need in PDF format.

Bam!....... that just happened!

Nicely done.

Back