ExplorerForum vendor needs your voice! (1995-2001 Explorer) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerForum vendor needs your voice! (1995-2001 Explorer)

Interesting on the banner because its the size requirement requested.

"Blended banners have a higher CTR too". CTR as in Click Through Rate? How does a blended graphic increase this?

Not sure - but this may be a problem with a part of their mobile friendly issue on this site.

See this
https://www.google.com/webmasters/t...lorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431722

The site is very difficult to read on mobile devices. Your banner fits the page when viewed from the computer but stretches it when viewed say from an iPad. Also even when viewed from a computer it (opinion) is bit large.

Yes CTR is click through ratio. There are quite a few write ups on banners and CTR. Google it. Seems that ads that are blended/compliment the page where they appear tend to have a better CTR.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome!

Not sure - but this may be a problem with a part of their mobile friendly issue on this site.

See this
https://www.google.com/webmasters/t...lorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431722

The site is very difficult to read on mobile devices. Your banner fits the page when viewed from the computer but stretches it when viewed say from an iPad. Also even when viewed from a computer it (opinion) is bit large.

Yes CTR is click through ratio. There are quite a few write ups on banners and CTR. Google it. Seems that ads that are blended/compliment the page where they appear tend to have a better CTR.

I am only one vote, but I too vote that the banner is too big, excessive.

The key to entry in this market (if you can't compete with Amazon/volume) is offering parts nobody else has.

I wish you alot of luck, but with places like Rockatuo and Amazon (and local places like Advance Auto) it seems the market for parts is extremely saturated and spoken for.

Then again our main street has Pep Boys, Advance Auto, and Autozone (Napa a few blocks) literally next door to each other, so there is proof that there is always room for more.

All those places (with discounts, can deliver for a day earlier and a dollar cheaper). I think also you should become a Motorcraft supplier. One thing that may help is putting repair vids on YT and links to your products. You can tear down an explorer(different years and engines too) and make a video to replace everything from intake gaskets to shackles. That could make you an authority on the vehicles and people will be tempted to buy. It could also be a low cost business expense because you can sell a pristine truck afterwards for more than you paid. Also, allow good comments on your site for users to rate products and discuss repairs, shortcuts etc.

Rust is a very big problem up here for us (probably foreign to you in CA). Many trucks are scrapped for that reason. I know there are people selling rocker panels and other parts but if you could market kits with instructions(maybe using rivets instead of welding) there may be interest. I know people are selling DIY install rockers to fix it enough to be covered up the the running board. Maybe have a shop create a rocker panel with a dogleg, these are often replaced together. It is a unique product. Every explorer here needs those bumper brackets I mentioned a few posts up and there is no place to get them!

Other niches you could cover would be things like upgraded suspension parts. ball joints, end links, sway bars, polyurethane bushings anywhere a bushing is used. At this age other convenience parts might be things like the lower bolts for rear shocks... I had to cut mine off the last time I replaced the shocks. Stainless hardware might be desirable - but bolts aren't hard to come by, competitive price would be all the more critical.

Oh, prebent brake line sets would be a good thing too. Every ex will need them eventually. There may be a local fabricator. They can be wrapped up around a 5 gal bucket (that radius) and shipped.

Hood struts with a lifetime warranty, and grilles, rubber cargo mats, floor mats, etc... non-OEM upgrade parts sort of like what JCWhitney has done for years... though this is also an established market. Transistor, bolt(s)/nuts/lock washers +heatsink grease (as a kit) to repair blown EATC (automatic climate control) blower motor speed control module (this is not a stock part, would be a you bundle it repair kit), and blower motor resistor module for vehicles equipped with manual climate control.

High flex (high strand count) 14 or 16 gauge wire in ~ 2' lengths for driver's door (hinge area/boot) wiring repair. It would be better still as a kit that includes 1 ft. of 3/16" (or 1/4" if it has thick insulation) heatshrink tubing, and ideally wire colors in somewhat matching color options to the OEM wire but that might be hard to source.

Touch-up paint in all the gen II OEM colors. Motorcraft has a nice combo bottle for some Ford vehicles that includes both the base color coat and clear coat in the same double-well bottle... not sure if they package it like that for gen II Explorers.

LED replacement dash, steering wheel, and other aux. lighting bulb replacements. Bolt-on/ready-to-install LED upper brake light upgrade/replacement on early gen II models.

Body plugs for holes left when running boards are removed, or a finishing trim strip to cover them. Aftermarket stereo adapter plug/pigtail (wires) for the few different OEM stereo configurations, and adapter/cover plates for aftermarket stereos... maybe throw in a radio removal tool if it's cheap enough to do so.

Window motor gear repair kit, improved thermostat housing, metal radiator fan blades... basically, just look through the topics on this forum to see what the frequent failure parts are.

If you really want to be radical, develop customizations that nobody else offers like a 3' x 6' polycarbonate sheet moon roof and gasket set (some vehicle cutting required). :sawzall: or maybe a rooftop mounted, encased solar panel battery maintainer with all hardware and wiring (ready to bolt on)

Any GEN II parts that are not carried by Ford any longer. With 3D printing, I'm surprised that no one is making hard to find trim pieces and body panels

Thank you!

All have been noted!

I wanted to thank you guys for the constant feedback. This info is vital for our meetings. We cannot tell you what you need, you tell us what to carry!

Please be patient with us as we are a family of three working 8-5's and doing this on top. It may take time, but it will happen. We will be your Ford only online parts shop.

:thumbsup:

Other niches you could cover would be things like upgraded suspension parts. ball joints, end links, sway bars, polyurethane bushings anywhere a bushing is used. At this age other convenience parts might be things like the lower bolts for rear shocks... I had to cut mine off the last time I replaced the shocks. Stainless hardware might be desirable - but bolts aren't hard to come by, competitive price would be all the more critical.

Oh, prebent brake line sets would be a good thing too. Every ex will need them eventually. There may be a local fabricator. They can be wrapped up around a 5 gal bucket (that radius) and shipped.

Hood struts with a lifetime warranty, and grilles, rubber cargo mats, floor mats, etc... non-OEM upgrade parts sort of like what JCWhitney has done for years... though this is also an established market. Transistor, bolt(s)/nuts/lock washers +heatsink grease (as a kit) to repair blown EATC (automatic climate control) blower motor speed control module (this is not a stock part, would be a you bundle it repair kit), and blower motor resistor module for vehicles equipped with manual climate control.

High flex (high strand count) 14 or 16 gauge wire in ~ 2' lengths for driver's door (hinge area/boot) wiring repair. It would be better still as a kit that includes 1 ft. of 3/16" (or 1/4" if it has thick insulation) heatshrink tubing, and ideally wire colors in somewhat matching color options to the OEM wire but that might be hard to source.

Touch-up paint in all the gen II OEM colors. Motorcraft has a nice combo bottle for some Ford vehicles that includes both the base color coat and clear coat in the same double-well bottle... not sure if they package it like that for gen II Explorers.

LED replacement dash, steering wheel, and other aux. lighting bulb replacements. Bolt-on/ready-to-install LED upper brake light upgrade/replacement on early gen II models.

Body plugs for holes left when running boards are removed, or a finishing trim strip to cover them. Aftermarket stereo adapter plug/pigtail (wires) for the few different OEM stereo configurations, and adapter/cover plates for aftermarket stereos... maybe throw in a radio removal tool if it's cheap enough to do so.

Window motor gear repair kit, improved thermostat housing, metal radiator fan blades... basically, just look through the topics on this forum to see what the frequent failure parts are.

If you really want to be radical, develop customizations that nobody else offers like a 3' x 6' polycarbonate sheet moon roof and gasket set (some vehicle cutting required). :sawzall: or maybe a rooftop mounted, encased solar panel battery maintainer with all hardware and wiring (ready to bolt on)

Any GEN II parts that are not carried by Ford any longer. With 3D printing, I'm surprised that no one is making hard to find trim pieces and body panels

"The key to entry in this market (if you can't compete with Amazon/volume) is offering parts nobody else has."

Like Headers for 5.0s!

I'm guessing you're unfamiliar with 3d printing but it's not magic. Its expensive, slow for anything other than making a few parts, and has a poor surface finish.
However you can find somebody on fiver (or myself) to draw up a model of what you need and send it to shape ways to be printed.

CV joint for the transfer case end of the front driveshaft (in AWD or 4x4) that actually lasts and does not need to be replaced every six months (like the D... branded product)

a digital gauge cluster would be pretty cool. Or a spare tire carrier that goes in the stock location but fits a 33 or 35 (if that's possible).

bolt on bixenon projector headlights for the 2001-03 sport/ 01-05 sport trac

Thank you guys for the feedback! All has been noted.

:thumbsup:

"The key to entry in this market (if you can't compete with Amazon/volume) is offering parts nobody else has."

Like Headers for 5.0s!

CV joint for the transfer case end of the front driveshaft (in AWD or 4x4) that actually lasts and does not need to be replaced every six months (like the D... branded product)

a digital gauge cluster would be pretty cool. Or a spare tire carrier that goes in the stock location but fits a 33 or 35 (if that's possible).

bolt on bixenon projector headlights for the 2001-03 sport/ 01-05 sport trac

Something's up with the website, currently not loading for me...
Edit: (one minute later) ... now it's working again. Odd.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just ran a speed test on multiple browsers for pc and mac. All looks snappy!

Thanks for the heads up.

Something's up with the website, currently not loading for me...
Edit: (one minute later) ... now it's working again. Odd.

Back