2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

So... For those that have taken delivery. How long from the build date in Chicago to Dealer delivery? Mine was just made on the 10/3.
I don't think that there is a standard period of time. There are likely several things to take into consideration such as the availability of rail cars, where the Explorer is destined to go and the number awaiting shipment etc.
Also, some answers may be found in; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427409

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So... For those that have taken delivery. How long from the build date in Chicago to Dealer delivery? Mine was just made on the 10/3.

My Explorer Platinum was built on September 23 and delivered to my dealer this morning, October 5. That's about 12 days between production and delivery.

Hello everyone,

Once again, don’t hesitate to reach out to me to get the status of your orders. Please PM your VIN or the dealer code/order number. I’ll be happy to check, and let you know the latest updates. I can be reached here.

The wait can be tough but I'm here to help you through it!

Welcome to the community, pgordon888!

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. I’ll be here to assist with any questions or concerns. Let me know when you have made a decision, and I’ll be happy to track your order.

Have a great day! :thumbsup:

Tricia

Thanks for reaching out Tricia. Actually, I haven't been on here in a little because we ultimately decided on a 2016 Ford F150 Super Crew instead of the Explorer becuase we need more towing capacity for a new camper. Our F150 build is a loaded Lariat Sport with the 5.5 bed in a Blue Flame exterior. Delivery expected in January given late availability on the Lariat sport package. We are very excited about the new truck. I have been over on the 150 forums frequently since we placed the order and there seems to be a good community over there as well.

:) Platinum arrived today.
Congrats on your new ride, Bob429. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the great news, and I can’t wait to see your pics! :)

When r u able to see/ print window sticker? Before build date?

Not everyone. I have a tentative delivery date of 11/16, but no build date yet. Presumably its prior to that ��

I supposedly have a eta to dealer of 11/1 subject to change but no production date or window sticker
Window sticker is usually available 3-5 days before the 'Build Date'.

Peter
Hey guys,

Here's a little breakdown of the journey of your vehicles. When the status is "In Order Processing," it means that your orders has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action. Once your vehicles receive a schedule to build day, they should then get a VIN and ETA. It usually schedules within a few weeks depending on your dealer's allocation. In regards to window stickers, I'll piggyback off peterk9's statement. You can expect to see the window stickers about a week before your build dates as an estimate.

I don't bite so don't hesitate to ask me questions! :D

Thanks for reaching out Tricia. Actually, I haven't been on here in a little because we ultimately decided on a 2016 Ford F150 Super Crew instead...
Thanks for staying in the Ford Family, pgordon888.

Enjoy sitting high in your F-150, and watch out for the little people on the road! ;)

Tricia

Mine was made 09/19 and delivered to dealer 10/01

Tricia, could you please check on the status of my order?
Thanks, deant

Tricia, could you please check on the status of my order?...
Hey deant,

To protect your privacy, please edit your post containing your VIN and order info.

I sent the status of your order via PM. Let me know if you need anything else! :thumbsup:

Tricia

https://www.etis.ford.com
This is an interesting web site. I put my vin # in vehicle lookup (ETA to dealer 11/1) and this is what I get. I hope the Build Date is some kind of secret code.

Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Explorer
Engine: 3.5L DOHC V6 Petrol T/C
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55

Shows the exact same for me, and my delivery ETA is 11/16.

This is an interesting web site. I put my vin # in vehicle lookup (ETA to dealer 11/1) and this is what I get. I hope the Build Date is some kind of secret code.

Primary Features

Primary Features
Once built, that site will show every standard and optional feature of your Explorer.

Peter

2016 EX Platinum Ebony interior

Has anyone taken delivery of a new EX Platinum with "ebony" interior as opposed to ceramic?

Has anyone taken delivery of a new EX Platinum with "ebony" interior as opposed to ceramic?
It has been posted here that the Ebony seats will not be available until December.

Peter

Ahhhhh!

Got my ETA today from my dealership. ETA is estimated at 11/9/15!! Getting closer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Duh! Good thinking on my part.

Back