Question regarding Daytime Running LED's on 5th Gen Explorer (Picture) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question regarding Daytime Running LED's on 5th Gen Explorer (Picture)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dealer can only do parking lights

Dealer never does parking lights. DRL's on all Canada's and US fleet Explorers are blinkers standard!

I'm still trying to find a way to make my blinker yellow/amber lights my DRL. I think the yellow lights will look very cool with my black plates with yellow letters. I have seen the raptor and also the Toyota tundra with the yellow/amber lights for DRL'S. anybody have any tips that can point me in the right direction?
Have you read post 51? There are also many posts in the 'DRL' thread that talk about it.

Peter

Dealer never does parking lights. DRL's on all Canada's and US fleet Explorers are blinkers standard!

USA
I have a choice of headlights for DRL or Parking lights for DRL. Not blinker.

I don't have my Explorer any more in order to confirm this, but aren't the parking and turn signals one in the same? The Owner's Manual shows; Front park/turn lamp, qty 2.

Peter

I don't have my Explorer any more in order to confirm this, but aren't the parking and turn signals one in the same? The Owner's Manual shows; Front park/turn lamp, qty 2.

Peter

For the front lights yes parking and turn are on the same bulb but the blinker in the side mirrors (amber) are only blinkers and the tail lights parking are red and blinker is amber not the same bulb.

For the front lights yes parking and turn are on the same bulb but the blinker in the side mirrors (amber) are only blinkers and the tail lights parking are red and blinker is amber not the same bulb.

Okay, now I understand. I thought you meant the turn signals when you mentioned blinkers.

Peter

Okay, now I understand. I thought you meant the turn signals when you mentioned blinkers.

Peter

Yes I'm trying to set just turn signals as DRL
A good example is when I push the lock button on my remote only the blinkers flash on and off. Same with Hazard lights.

Attachments

• 20151008_073503.jpg
    20151008_073503.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 427
  • 20151008_073539.jpg
    20151008_073539.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 332
  • 20151008_073606.jpg
    20151008_073606.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 414
  • 20151008_073622.jpg
    20151008_073622.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 20151008_073756.jpg
    20151008_073756.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 351

The only DRL a dealer can enable is the front turn signals. Don't ask me why but the headlight option has been removed from the programming software. It has been this way for a while even though DRL from the factory is the headlamps.

Dealer enabled DRL will be front turn signals on steady at full brightness....not the parking lamps.

A new revision of IDS comes out about every two weeks...so they could add the headlight option back in or make any number of other changes.

The only DRL a dealer can enable is the front turn signals. Don't ask me why but the headlight option has been removed from the programming software. It has been this way for a while even though DRL from the factory is the headlamps.

Dealer enabled DRL will be front turn signals on steady at full brightness....not the parking lamps.

A new revision of IDS comes out about every two weeks...so they could add the headlight option back in or make any number of other changes.
That's so odd. The raptor has the turn signals on the side mirror's set to DRL. I agree it is just a programming thing. I just need to find the right guy.

That's so odd. The raptor has the turn signals on the side mirror's set to DRL. I agree it is just a programming thing. I just need to find the right guy.

Give me the VIN of one that is set up like that.

Give me the VIN of one that is set up like that.

That might not be so easy I just see the truck driving by my work everyday. I will try. He parks around the corner from me.

That might not be so easy I just see the truck driving by my work everyday. I will try. He parks around the corner from me.

It is very possible that is just wired in that way then (ie aftermarket). I did a google search and came up with nothing on a Raptor utilizing those for DRL. Just the standard headlight and front turn signals.

It is very possible that is just wired in that way then (ie aftermarket). I did a google search and came up with nothing on a Raptor utilizing those for DRL. Just the standard headlight and front turn signals.

That's funny I just did the same search :)
But what about the PI red and blue in side mirror blinkers if I recall can be turned on and off.

Must be some sort of wiring trick that can be pulled off. My thinking(crazy) is if the remote lock blinks the amber lights(front side mirror and tail) must be a connection some how some way some way.
Maybe this is just way far out of the norm to work as a MOD. I'm willing to pay the right price for the right fix. Just cant seem to find the right fix.

Red and Blue lights for a PI are a totally different thing.

I doubt it is a factory thing for the DRL. Track the guy down and ask him.

Just got off the phone with my radar and laser jammer installer. He said he can do it. I'm going to give it a try. Crossing fingers for no blown elec system.

Blacked out Ford badge?

Yes I'm trying to set just turn signals as DRL
A good example is when I push the lock button on my remote only the blinkers flash on and off. Same with Hazard lights.

Hey Surreal, did you black out your front Ford badge? If so, I like the look.
How'd you do it?

Hey Surreal, did you black out your front Ford badge? If so, I like the look.
How'd you do it?

Thanks yes I had it wrapped. I tried the painted black one found on eBay but it did not hold up well and got lots of pebble damaged.

Hey Dan, any update on ETA of Explorer DRLs? Sounds like it's been nearly a year since the project started. I'm pretty pumped about it! I'm not even going to state a preference for length -- either would be amazing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Dan, any update on ETA of Explorer DRLs? Sounds like it's been nearly a year since the project started. I'm pretty pumped about it! I'm not even going to state a preference for length -- either would be amazing.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
In reading post 78 about 'pebble damage' to the front Ford emblem, I hope these DRLs will withstand that kind of thing. Happy New Year.

Peter

Back