2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Happy Birthday Tricia! I hope you have a great day, and thanks so much for your support!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Driving Experience

For those still waiting I thought I'd give an update on my first weekend with my new Explorer. The first thing I have to say is that the ride is fantastic! It is so quiet, you really don't hear much of anything, and with the radio on it's even more like you're in a cocoon. I took it for a long highway ride and tried out the cruise control and the lane keeping. It's a little strange at first, because the vehicle tries to keep you centered in the lane. I have it on the highest setting, but might try a more subtle approach. The cruise control is great, keeping a comfortable distance between you and the car in front of you. However you have to watch out for the cars that dart into the open space as the brakes get hit when that happens, rather than a gentle slow down. Since I was trying it out, I may have drifted in and out of the lanes a little too much and the warning flashed in red, suggesting I take a rest (little cup of coffee comes up). The seats are comfortable but they feel smaller than my 2005 Explorer. I tried the back massage, which I thought felt good on the long drive.

All in all it is a great ride. It's up there with any of the luxury models. That said I am still reading up on how to use all the functions. I will say that the WeatherTech custom floor mats fit like a glove. I put them right over the carpets and they don't move. They aren't cheap, but worth it for the tight fit.

Perhaps we should start a new thread on the driving experience and anything people discover as they get more familiar with their new SUV's. Thoughts?

Tricia, Happy Birthday. Thank you so much for all your assistance. What can you do to hustle my car from the CSX lot to my dealer? Joke. Everyone on this forum is lucky to have you helping. You do a great job. Thanks Dean Tilman (deant)

Yep - Absolutely!!

........Perhaps we should start a new thread on the driving experience and anything people discover as they get more familiar with their new SUV's. Thoughts?
The Forum is already filled with threads of new discoveries after members have had their vehicle. Quite a few are due to not reading the Owner's Manual when the vehicle was initially received.;)

Peter

Happy Birthday Tricia!

You have been a big help to me and it seems countless others. I hope you enjoy your day!

Very pleasant surprise today, my Explorer arrived 11 days early! Only one photo for now, but more later:

http://1drv.ms/1iGIpdy

Congratulations JethroXP and best of luck with it.

My Explorer Platinum arrived at the Elizabeth New Jersey rail yard on October 30 and my salesman was hoping to have the Explorer delivered to me on either this Tuesday or Wednesday but today he called me to tell me that the reason he has not call me to pick up the car is because the Explorer still at the rail yard because there is around 200+ cars in front of my Explorer Platinum waiting to be pick up before it can be deliver to the dealer. Now I know why sometimes we can't understand why we tracked this vehicles, see that the rail car has arrived at its destination and then wonder what it's taking the dealer so long to have them delivered to US.

If I have waited this long since I placed my order on August 15,2015 then a few more weeks (if it takes that long) it not going to kill me , lol. I know it is worth the wait.

Congratulations JethroXP and best of luck with it.

My Explorer Platinum arrived at the Elizabeth New Jersey rail yard on October 30 and my salesman was hoping to have the Explorer delivered to me on either this Tuesday or Wednesday but today he called me to tell me that the reason he has not call me to pick up the car is because the Explorer still at the rail yard because there is around 200+ cars in front of my Explorer Platinum waiting to be pick up before it can be deliver to the dealer. Now I know why sometimes we can't understand why we tracked this vehicles, see that the rail car has arrived at its destination and then wonder what it's taking the dealer so long to have them delivered to US.

If I have waited this long since I placed my order on August 15,2015 then a few more weeks (if it takes that long) it not going to kill me , lol. I know it is worth the wait.

Yep - use to it. Order placed July 12th and still at plant. At least yours shipped. LOL

Never got a shipping notification, just went off what Tricia told me, that it was due to arrive on 11/16, and the dealer confirmed that. When the dealer called me today he was genuinely surprised, he said I must have got a lucky set of circumstances because he's never seen a special order come in this far ahead of it's planned date. He mentioned the same thing about the rail yards being a place of mystery, that it can takes weeks sometimes to get a vehicle that has technically "arrived". Mine was the first Platinum that they've gotten in so a lot of staff were oogling it :)

Mine has been @ CSX Jacksonville since Oct. 30. Dlr says he can't find out when he will get. A small dealer-probably has to wait for a full load. Going to a different dlr Saturday to look at one.

Tricia!!

:D
You have been a big help to me and it seems countless others. I hope you enjoy your day!

Sorry I missed your birthday!! Happy today! lol

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Finally in transit! Woot!!

:D
Dealer said they expect it 11/10, just shy of the three month order date. I realize it may not arrive then, but very excited it's shipped!!

Well I got an ETA of 11/10. Build on 10/19. Dealer told me it had shipped and arrived in Portland this past weekend and now it's on a hold?!?! I'm confused and a little frustrated.

Well I got an ETA of 11/10. Build on 10/19. Dealer told me it had shipped and arrived in Portland this past weekend and now it's on a hold?!?! I'm confused and a little frustrated.

Assuming Portland is somewhat near you, probably on hold until more vehicles arrive to fill up the truck headed to your dealer's area.

Or that's my theory at least.

I just found out my car is on a hold. At the rail yard. getting real frustrated.

Unfortunately you guys waiting for transportation are kind of at the mercy of the truck and rail companies, or at least that's how my dealer explained it. He called the rail yard a great mystery, because even after all theses years they still don't have insight into why some vehicles arrive and sit for days or weeks while others arrive and get delivered right away. I'm sure it all makes sense to the people that run the place, but there isn't anything your dealer can do about it. The dealer is frustrated too, they'd much rather have you on the road in your new Explorer than having you call them every day for an updated status.

I just found out my car is on a hold. At the rail yard. getting real frustrated.

deant do not despair . I am in the same situation as yours and so are a few of us. I am so close to my Explorer Platinum that I can smell it, lol . J/K I am in Queens, New York and the Platinum is sitting in a rail yard in Elizabeth New Jersey. But all kidding aside if we have waited this long for our Platinums then a few more days or perhaps weeks wont matter. It's worth the wait. At least we know that they are not sitting in Chicago waiting to the brought to their destinations. Also remember that the dealers want to deliver these Explorers and make their customers happy. As my salesman of over 20+ years told me on Thursday , "I want to deliver this car for you as soon as possible but when the rail yard has over 200+ cars in front of it it is hard to get a hold at it". Besides I don't want my Platinum to have a scratch on it just because I want the dealer to rush getting it to me. I'll rather wait patiently until I get the call for me to go drop my lovely 2013 Sport and pick up the 2016 Platinum. Just hang in there. Soon we all be driving and enjoying out Explorers Platinum and will be posting photos for all to see. Patience is a virtue

I finally picked up my platinum yesterday. It came in Monday all shiny and detailed (build date of 10/24) but had a couple paint chips on door and apparently I didn't notice but the wheel was scratched. Dealership repainted door and replaced wheel. So Friday was the exciting day! First off, it is FUN to drive! Great pickup, lots of new features to learn. The voice command option works wonderfully, stereo sounds awesome. Yes, the seats are smaller (than my Yukon), but they feel sportier, just like the engine. I'm having a blast in the new vehicle. There are so many cool features on this vehicle, I can't wait to drive it again today. I still have to figure out the garage door opener, so that is first on the list today.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I finally picked up my platinum yesterday. It came in Monday all shiny and detailed (build date of 10/24) but had a couple paint chips on door and apparently I didn't notice but the wheel was scratched. Dealership repainted door and replaced wheel. So Friday was the exciting day! First off, it is FUN to drive! Great pickup, lots of new features to learn. The voice command option works wonderfully, stereo sounds awesome. Yes, the seats are smaller (than my Yukon), but they feel sportier, just like the engine. I'm having a blast in the new vehicle. There are so many cool features on this vehicle, I can't wait to drive it again today. I still have to figure out the garage door opener, so that is first on the list today.

Congratulations Jbay and best of luck with it. Please post some photos of your Platinum when you have a chance.

Back