ExplorerForum vendor needs your voice! (1995-2001 Explorer) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerForum vendor needs your voice! (1995-2001 Explorer)

I know it probably gets annoying to keep reading it but the website is malfunctional when it takes over a minute to load that last link you posted.

It doesn't always do that. It takes over a minute the first time, then it's cached in the browser and loads fast on reloads, but a lot of people won't wait over a minute to load things the first time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm guessing you're unfamiliar with 3d printing but it's not magic. Its expensive, slow for anything other than making a few parts, and has a poor surface finish.
However you can find somebody on fiver (or myself) to draw up a model of what you need and send it to shape ways to be printed.

The 3D printer can be used to make the mould for the part that can then be cast in a more suitable material.

I didn't take long for me to open this link and I have torrents downloading.

That listing doesn't say if it's for 1 part or 2. It would be handy to mention when a part is single or in pairs.

My suggestion for stocking is headers for the V6 along with the description of the type of header; tuned length - interference type etc.

Performance and standard replacement exhaust parts.

Solutions for the saggy arse such as replacement and upgraded leaf springs, coilovers, extended brackets etc.

Front coilover kit.

Explorer specific fluids - Mercon V, lubricants etc.

HID and LED replacement lights.

Upgrade suspension parts - Polyurethane bushes, sway bars etc.

Brushbar, lightbar, bullbar. Rear outboard spare wheel carrier.

I see no problem with you carrying the common, easy to get parts alongside the harder to get stuff, you can be the one stop shop.

PM sent.

The 3D printer can be used to make the mould for the part that can then be cast in a more suitable material.

Then it's no longer 3D printing, it's casting.

Isn't casting a pretty low strength to weight ratio? I'm wondering what parts would be best cast, though I suppose I'm not thinking out side of the box... expanding foam overlaid with fiberglass wouldn't have a low ratio.

Then it's no longer 3D printing, it's casting.

Yes, I know.

That's just what I always thought was a good use for a 3D printer; making a mould.

Isn't casting a pretty low strength to weight ratio? I'm wondering what parts would be best cast,

Bushes. Suspension and others.
Polyurethane comes in all sorts of hardness's.

^ I was assuming something harder to find, or is there a shortage of bushings?

All have been noted. For headers and suspension parts, what are the favored brands?

Thanks!

I didn't take long for me to open this link and I have torrents downloading.

That listing doesn't say if it's for 1 part or 2. It would be handy to mention when a part is single or in pairs.

My suggestion for stocking is headers for the V6 along with the description of the type of header; tuned length - interference type etc.

Performance and standard replacement exhaust parts.

Solutions for the saggy arse such as replacement and upgraded leaf springs, coilovers, extended brackets etc.

Front coilover kit.

Explorer specific fluids - Mercon V, lubricants etc.

HID and LED replacement lights.

Upgrade suspension parts - Polyurethane bushes, sway bars etc.

Brushbar, lightbar, bullbar. Rear outboard spare wheel carrier.

I see no problem with you carrying the common, easy to get parts alongside the harder to get stuff, you can be the one stop shop.

PM sent.

All have been noted. For headers and suspension parts, what are the favored brands?

Thanks!

I'm in Australia, I couldn't recommend brands.

What did you think of the PM?

Back