What is everyone paying for their 16 Explorer's? I just put a deposit down. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is everyone paying for their 16 Explorer's? I just put a deposit down.

Yes they can lock in the rebates.... Ford has a program and there are 3 ways a dealer can lock them in. Again, this has to be a customer order you placed, not something that was already on order.

Here is the 2013 Protection Guide.. I don't have the current one but under the "important details" it tells the dealer what to do and those haven't changed.

This program has been going on since at least 2010... your dealer is either lying to you or really uneducated about the basics of selling a vehicle. Either way, it is not a dealer I would not want to do business with.

IncentiveProtection_000001_zps24ed866f.jpg

I spoke with my Ford Dealer yesterday and they will order the car to my specs, it will take 2 month if it comes from the factory. At the same time they will be looking for a dealer trade if the same options available.
he then informed me. By all means, your saving are locked up 4.7k off MSRP and if you see a better deal, lets say in 1 month or 2 month then they will honor it. He also said that your discounts were locked up and you wont get any worse. I wonder if I can make a dealership change my cars oil for free or some kind of free maintenance program / car wash when i get there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I spoke with my Ford Dealer yesterday and they will order the car to my specs, it will take 2 month if it comes from the factory. At the same time they will be looking for a dealer trade if the same options available.
he then informed me. By all means, your saving are locked up 4.7k off MSRP and if you see a better deal, lets say in 1 month or 2 month then they will honor it. He also said that your discounts were locked up and you wont get any worse. I wonder if I can make a dealership change my cars oil for free or some kind of free maintenance program / car wash when i get there.

Keep in mind you get 1 of 2 sets of rebates. 1) Rebates locked in at time of order or 2) Rebates at time of delivery, not anything that comes in between.

Example:

12/10 - Ordered vehicle, rebate is $750

1/1 - Rebate goes to $1,500

2/1 - Rebate goes to $500

2/4 - Pick up vehicle

You either get the locked in rebate from 12/10 or the current rebate from 2/1. You can not get the $1,500 rebate unless your vehicle came in while it was running. Again, this is purely an example of what you can and can't do. I haven't even looked to see what is running on the 16s.

Keep in mind you get 1 of 2 sets of rebates. 1) Rebates locked in at time of order or 2) Rebates at time of delivery, not anything that comes in between.

Example:

12/10 - Ordered vehicle, rebate is $750

1/1 - Rebate goes to $1,500

2/1 - Rebate goes to $500

2/4 - Pick up vehicle

You either get the locked in rebate from 12/10 or the current rebate from 2/1. You can not get the $1,500 rebate unless your vehicle came in while it was running. Again, this is purely an example of what you can and can't do. I haven't even looked to see what is running on the 16s.
When I ordered my 2011 Ex in Dec. 2010 there was a $1000 Early Order rebate in place. When my Ex was delivered in March 2011 there was a new $1000 options rebate in place. I received both. The Early Order rebate was no longer in effect at that time. It might just have been a one time event seeing as the 2011 was the first year of the 5th generation model. I haven't checked rebates lately but I believe you are correct in that is either one or the other.

Peter

When I ordered my 2011 Ex in Dec. 2010 there was a $1000 Early Order rebate in place. When my Ex was delivered in March 2011 there was a new $1000 options rebate in place. I received both. The Early Order rebate was no longer in effect at that time. It might just have been a one time event seeing as the 2011 was the first year of the 5th generation model. I haven't checked rebates lately but I believe you are correct in that is either one or the other.

Peter

Yup, that's how it works here in Canada also.
I ordered mine back in mid Sept and took advantage of the Emp discount+Costco $1000 rebate.

I took delivery 2nd week of Nov and the new promo was winter tire package (worth up to $2300 or so), plus Costco $1000 discount.

I was only able to choose one over the other and suffice to say, the first promo back in Sept yielded the most discount off the total price of the car (not including dealer discounts) and that's what we bought with.

Peter

I could see that happening because it was a special order rebate but your typical cash rebates that are standard every month can't stack or pick and choose when you want to lock something in.

I think I meant to say my final purchase agreement, which includes the discount or rebate. I received a yellow order purchase agreement. True Car discount includes a $500 rebate. The total discount is 4,693 off MSRP. Dealer told me that he ordered the vehicle from factory last Friday and next week I will be getting some kind of confirmation number and then later the VIN number. Dealer said that I am locked in my agreement of 4,693 off MSRP. If the current rebate of $500 changes to $1000 in the next 2 month, I will save another $500. (He also told me that if a $500 rebate disappears in January, I will still get that discount because I had signed a purchase agreement form and put down $500 deposit.
He also told me that he will try to find my exact match with other dealers and will try to get me the car sooner. He said that I will have a choice to take the exact match or wait 2 month until my build arrives.

Can I bump this thread...

I am in talks with a couple dealers here in the area. Of course they are pulling the I can't give you a solid number until you come in. The first price I got was an MSRP of $51,640 a $47,598 sale price and a total out the door cost of $50,272.

I am pricing a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport with 401a package and the pano sunroof. I was expecting something closer to mid $40's out the door. Am I shooting too low? Just wanted to get other owners opinions on this.

Thanks for any help.

Try using internet pricing. When I started my searching, I built out my "desired end state" on the Ford website, then let them send it to the area dealers. A couple dealers sent me "internet pricing."

For example, one that was "close" but not "exact" had an MSRP of $44,175. They offered me $39,991 "internet" and X-plan was $41,099

After some searching they found one that was dealer ordered and on the way from the factory that had everything I wanted except the DVD headrest. MSRP for that was $44,425, they offered me around $40,000 for it. Adding the headrests later on my own.

Yeah I went through Truecar and saw a price of $42,x.. and some of the internet prices have been around $42,x... I figured since it was the end of the year they might be eager to get rid of them and maybe I could get something for $42-$43 out the door. I am still waiting on prices from 3 more dealers. Trying to get it through their head that I am not coming in until they give me a ballpark price. I have already driven the truck. I don't need to see the same exact truck at a different dealer.

X-Plane is generally the way to go. It usually works out to under $100 over invoice but the dealer can only charge you a set amount for paperwork/admin fees which generally is much higher when you don't do xplan. I believe it is $225 in fees allowed.. I've seen dealers charge as much as $495.

Nothing you can really do if rebates expire. Only time you can guarantee the rebate is if you order direct from the factory (not take one that is on order). If you order it from day 1, the dealer can lock in the rebates.

I got an order number, 4 digit number and the current true car deal of 4,700 off from MSRP is a deal. It clearly showed a $75 doc fee and a delivery fee. Dealer reports that there are no other fees associated to finance a vehicle. I wonder how long do I have to wait to get the VIN # or how to track if the vehicle is built.

I got an order number, 4 digit number and the current true car deal of 4,700 off from MSRP is a deal. It clearly showed a $75 doc fee and a delivery fee. Dealer reports that there are no other fees associated to finance a vehicle. I wonder how long do I have to wait to get the VIN # or how to track if the vehicle is built.
Most of your questions I think should be answered in the following thread;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427409

Peter

49k for 52k msrp

Back