EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

That going to get a solid axle????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ForumRunner_20151203_174300.png

Ok one more last photo of our 2016 Moab rig!

I like that you are keeping it light :D

Nice job on keeping the center of gravity as low as possible.

Is this the one where everyone brings different parts and we put it together there?

I'm sure one day we will bring parts to the top of the world and assemble an explorer up there and drive it back down.

I think he needs more rock protection, so he doesn't bang up his.......oh wait:eek:

While at Bandit Customs Thursday, I was able to sneak a look at Kris's and Russel's plans for their Moab 2016 rig while Robert had them distracted helping their neighbor. There were three files under a Harbor Freight flyer.

Two of the files stated" Damn those rock obstacles" with these pics.

death-star-400x271_zps6kwczi98.jpg

ield_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1920_zpshee4w3pz.jpg

The second file was labeled, "Yep, we can do this with a Ford chassis and really flip people out"

pink-jeep_zpsqu0plyc4.jpg

150 Days(plus one week) until Moab 2016!

Reservations made for Canyonlands. Recommend hopping on this if you are coming - - spots filling up quickly. . .

Ready for warm, dry weather and it's not even Winter - - yet. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Working more on the 2016 Moab Bandit Customs truck. Sneak peak :)

ForumRunner_20151219_120310.png

getting more done on the mystery rig for Moab! Another teaser pic!

2016mystery1_Medium_.jpg

2016mystery2.jpg

You know it's getting serious when there is a bag of tie wraps scattered ;)

..Where is that dang "Like" button?...:)

[MENTION=127721]5spdman[/MENTION], we'll be looking for spots when we arrive. I think this time we will find a camp site on BLM land before tackling a 4+ trail solo :roll:

We usually campout of one of the rigs. If you plan on doing the same, I highly suggest the 2'x6'x3" foam inserts from Home Depot/Lowes to use as a sleeping pad. $20 and far more comfy than anything from a camping store and a fraction of the price.

This year we will come out a day or two early to scout around and do some of the easier scenic trails. We're thinking the 19th-23rd.

We are working hard on mystery rig this weekend and hoping for a first start by tomorrow...here's photographic evidence:

ForumRunner_20160109_094011.png

Is there a list of people going to moab with a list of what trails people plan to run which days and when people will be arriving and leaving? Also where is everyone staying? Figure I made the 6th year, 10 year and now hope to make the 20 year. Gas looks like it will be cheap. What better time to burn up 200 gallons of fuel.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

[MENTION=127721]5spdman[/MENTION], we'll be looking for spots when we arrive. I think this time we will find a camp site on BLM land before tackling a 4+ trail solo :roll:

We usually campout of one of the rigs. If you plan on doing the same, I highly suggest the 2'x6'x3" foam inserts from Home Depot/Lowes to use as a sleeping pad. $20 and far more comfy than anything from a camping store and a fraction of the price.

This year we will come out a day or two early to scout around and do some of the easier scenic trails. We're thinking the 19th-23rd.

We're going to try and be out there by the 20th sometime in the morning (more than likely...) We'll know closer to that day if we'll be there sooner or not, but we'll get in touch then! :)

I'll have to look into the foam...coming from Ohio and not trailering the truck, we'll be trying to pack pretty light if possible...we usually don't use any sort of mat when camping anyway lol.

Back