Rim and Cosmetic help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rim and Cosmetic help

mrnapolean1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer
1. I have a 1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition and I want 16" rims. Will Ford Escape 2003ish aluminum alloy factory pull offs fit?

2. Rear Windshield wiper doesn't work. Washer fluid does but the wiper doesn't.

3. Still having the fuel gauge problem. Gauge shows full while the console says low fuel level....
I have no clue on how much Gas is in it....

4. Any easy way to replace manifold gaskets? I have the 5.0l V8.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rims should fit as long as same bolt pattern which 5x4.5. Wiper I would check the motor out to see if its good or not. they are common on explorers. Fuel gauge problem could be a bad sending unit in the tank. Manifold gaskets are possible with right tools a bit of patience. I just had mine replaced last year by a shop as the studs were pretty rusted up going into the head.

Rims should fit as long as same bolt pattern which 5x4.5. Wiper I would check the motor out to see if its good or not. they are common on explorers. Fuel gauge problem could be a bad sending unit in the tank. Manifold gaskets are possible with right tools a bit of patience. I just had mine replaced last year by a shop as the studs were pretty rusted up going into the head.

I actually have ordered a bolt hole pattern gauge. Thanks for the information.

Offset might be an issue. Dig on here, or online, for more info...

Back