2016 Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA / EF 20th anniversary get together | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA / EF 20th anniversary get together

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
I plan on arriving in Carlisle on June 1 and leaving the campground on June 6. I hope to meet some new faces and see some familiar one's as well:chug:

I'll be staying at the Western Village RV Park.
http://westernvillagervpark.com/

Make your reservations soon before they book up for the Ford Nats.:thumbsup:

9000608373_c0e03da459_c.jpg

DSC_2816-L.jpg

DSC_2814-L.jpg

DSC_2813-L.jpg

DSC_2809-L.jpg

DSC_2807-L.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i am going to try like hell to get there. its a long drive (not as long as yours), but i will try and make it for 2016 and try to make up missing this years

Sure would be great to finally meet you:chug:

We will be there as well, also hitting up the campground unless something changes.

Should be a good time, we should probably look into the requirements for a Serious Explorations tent like they setup last year. Rumor has it, its based on the number of pre-registered rigs for AFN, more then 15 that register for the same group they will set one up.

Again, need to confirm that, as it might be nice for the crowd we may have this upcoming year.

well, if we dont get a tent, we can make one. that and i still have the sign hanging in the shed :D

Going to pencil this in on my calendar now. This will probably be the year I FINALLY make AFNs after being asked for about 5 years. Will probably do the 4th, overnight into the 5th and head home that day.

I'll be there as usual. Hopefully I'll be more prepared for 2016 then I was this year.

And the countdown begins. Hopefully I'll be more awake next year.

If I can afford it I'll be there with Vader

This is on my list of things to do next year!
Especially being it's explorer forum's 20th anniversary.
Can't wait to check out all the cool Explorers and meet the owners!

So I can finally meet the man personally responsible for enabling my Explorer addiction for the past 15 years?

Sign me up! :thumbsup: :exporange

If all things work out we might bring our 99 Sport.
100_0887_zpsa2kdyfew.jpg

So I can finally meet the man personally responsible for enabling my Explorer addiction for the past 15 years?

Sign me up! :thumbsup: :exporange

I'm really looking forward to making it out there:chug:

thats only if your going in and walking around.
you would want this
http://store.carlisleevents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2016-027

class 400 bronco/suv/truck/van - ford explorer/mercury mountineer

club serious explorations.

you just need to fill in the rest
if i am not wrong you can have one passenger that can get in free with a showfield pass as well

I have a reservation at the campground and was planning on driving the Pumpkin to Carlisle from there. Will I be able to do that without getting busted for equipment violations?? I don't know if PA has the same "Sense of humor" as AZ does when it comes to big tires with no mudflaps or flares.

The trailer parking selection on the entry form made me think about this...

I have a reservation at the campground and was planning on driving the Pumpkin to Carlisle from there. Will I be able to do that without getting busted for equipment violations?? I don't know if PA has the same "Sense of humor" as AZ does when it comes to big tires with no mudflaps or flares.

The trailer parking selection on the entry form made me think about this...

Unfortunately Rick yes PA has some ugly laws. Here's the link:http://www.liftlaws.com/pennsylvania_lift_laws.htm

Looks like I'll have to tow it over. Bumpers and tires sticking out are out of compliance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rick, maybe pm lindsy and she might know. ive seen some pretty tail trucks there with tires sticking out in the past, but i dont remember if they sat there overnight because they trailer them there, or if they drove them in

Back