sport trac 2001 wont start

mafloc78

Reaction score
City, State
Sosua / Puerto Plata
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac 2001
Hi, I hope somebody can help.
My Sport Trac 2001 have some Problems with the Anti-theft and the check engine.
When we turn on the key we have full power, but the light from the check engine dont come on.
Then the Anti-Theft is flashing fast. We test the 2 original keys, but the keys are OK, too.

Here the list what we checked:
Immobilizer, OK
Fuses & Relays, OK
Bulb from Check Engine, OK

Does somebody has any idea?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you check the battery? it might be holding 12 volts and can power stuff like lights and radio, but it may no longer be able to deliver the load needed to start the engine. good luck!

thanks but the battery power is ok

Press and hold the valet button near the break release while turning the key.

I think the problem is the power control modul (pcm) because when the engine light not works and the fuses and relays are ok then there are not many options.

Hi, I hope somebody can help.
My Sport Trac 2001 have some Problems with the Anti-theft and the check engine.
When we turn on the key we have full power, but the light from the check engine dont come on.
Then the Anti-Theft is flashing fast. We test the 2 original keys, but the keys are OK, too.

Here the list what we checked:
Immobilizer, OK
Fuses & Relays, OK
Bulb from Check Engine, OK

Does somebody has any idea?

Thanks
That's your alarm you need get new keys or turn your key to the on position then back off do it at least 5 to 6 times but do it with in 3 to 5 sec apart. It should resit you're key . If you have the key less button then keep unlocking your doors then lock them. It help me . Plus YouTube also help me.

Back