EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!! | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

Unfortunately I have to now officially pull out of the 20th Anniversary Moab run, as well as all for this year. :(

Well, that figures. I just made reservations at Canyonlands :scratch:

:roll:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, that figures. I just made reservations at Canyonlands :scratch:

:roll:

Oh yea, it sucks, but hey, Robert will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I'm still shooting for getting there on the 14th as well. The tow rig might actually come together! All the parts arrived :)

Sorry to hear about the bad news, but hoping for the best with the good news Reapereviltwin! It won't be the same without you but Moab ain't goin' nowhere for 2017 :)

Boner award? Like running out of gas....?

009_zpsikscpvdr.jpg

I'm still shooting for getting there on the 14th as well. The tow rig might actually come together! All the parts arrived.

Don't forget the LED light work on Captain America, I'm sure they'll be at least one night run. . . Interested to see the Galaxie, great write-up.

We are 98 days until Moab 2016! And less than that for those arriving before Friday the 20th!

So many projects, so little time. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

So little time is right, I haven't even started swapping my axles on the Black One yet, upgrading the dana 30 for a 44 and swapping the rear to match. I do have the donor axles pulled out though.

So little time is right, I haven't even started swapping my axles on the Black One yet, upgrading the dana 30 for a 44 and swapping the rear to match. I do have the donor axles pulled out though.

Step in the right direction at least lol! :)

At least I don't have to build and install an engine!

I program robots for ford so my ability to get to moab is so restricted is there any meets closer to michigan ohio indiana area

There's a thread somewhere with a list of the 20th anniversary runs around the states...last I heard of, IIRC, Rausch Creek and Badlands were two of them? I want to say one got cancelled though...

This summer I'll be in Moab, at the Carlisle Ford Nationals, and at the Superlift Offroad Park in Hot Springs, AR. Plans have had to change a bit.

Got our cabin on Koa again this year for moab reserved. Doing the deluxe one this year with a private bath and shower and two beds haha

It's always something...

I pulled my coil over shocks out to change coil springs, and rebuild the shocks for the first time in 16 years. Trouble is they won't come apart... The shocks bottomed out so many times that the rod inside mushroomed. I really don't want to purchase a set of the same coil overs, since I had plans to go with longer shocks with an axle mounting point instead of the lower arm mounting point it currently uses, but with the current state of my personal economy that was going to have to wait until after the summer trip.

No matter what, the old coil overs need new springs. When the lower arm was redesigned the front end wound up sitting too low. That is causing the hydro steer bracket to make contact with the trac bar, and the trac bar is also making contact with the pumpkin itself...

As usual, one small change leads to a whole load of new issues:banghead:

Thankfully I found this out in plenty of time and I'll get it sorted out soon.

Can't you just adjust the height of the current springs?

Since that new lower arm was installed the springs were cranked down nearly 2" farther than before. The top spring, not the tender spring, is basically just a solid spacer at ride height now.

The shock guy found some used springs I can try in the top position. He's going to let me try them out before purchasing them.

This is where Char and I were today.

Attachments

• DSN_1693.jpg
    DSN_1693.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 315
  • DSN_1726.jpg
    DSN_1726.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 313

Here is a pic of the coil over as is...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160306_103309.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160306_103309.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 295

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This summer I'll be in Moab, at the Carlisle Ford Nationals, and at the Superlift Offroad Park in Hot Springs, AR. Plans have had to change a bit.

When are you looking at Hot Springs? I'm asking because that isn't far away from me.

Back