Ford ESP and Dealership driving me nutz | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP and Dealership driving me nutz

silverfz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT w 302a Package
As the topic said , I been given the run around by ford and dealership where I brought the explorer for over a year. I am totally exhausted and and thinking doing something crazy.

I brought a used 2011 explorer from Tasca Ford Seekonk MA in 2013. The dealership sold my wife a Premier care for 7yrs/125k . The drama started when I moved and need work done in a different dealer .

The dealership entered the package as 4yr/64k basic care, so after 3 freaking months where FSP and the dealer gave me the run around in October I get a call from FORD ESP support that the error is fixed.

In the meantime , my bearing both are shot, I drive all the way to tasca to fix it as I have 82k . So I am in a situation when every warranty work has to be performed by this dealer . every time I have call the finance department and get the 3-4 call run around . then they tell me bring it in we will fix it.

come find out FORD ESP has update the basic care to premier care but not the mileage . their recommendation, go back to the dealer and start the run around .

I am lost for words, what are my options. I feel like ford should support there customers. I have brought 2 cars from him and he has lost a client for sure and every friend but ford I am speechless.

appreciate if some one can help me on what next to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Couple things that stand out.. What is FSP?? Are you talking about their ESP (Extended Service Program)?? And if so, Ford does not sell a 64k ESP so it is not possible to have purchased one at that term... they sell a 36k, 48k, 60k, 75k, 100k, 125k and 150,000 mile warranty.

What does your paperwork show? When you buy an ESP, you get a contract that outlines everything just like this that is a full page (pic is a small section of it) that shows the mileage, months, which package, which deductible and what add ons.

Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-17-40_zpshwwymgyg.png

If it is a Genuine Ford ESP and not a 3rd party, it is good at any Ford dealership and is logged into the system by your VIN so every dealer can see it.

Lastly, if it is a Ford ESP, they are telling you to go back to the dealer because the dealer entered it in wrong. They either entered it in wrong on purpose and pocketed the extra money or entered it in wrong on accident (which I don't see how that happens). Because of that, it is the dealer's issue, not Ford as Ford only gets paid what the dealer submitted.

I got it used .so the car had 40k. So the plan expires at 64 k as it was entered as 24k,36 months. Thr paper work from dealer states expires 2018 /125k miles.

Ok, so a used ESP is sold in 1yr, 12k increments only. No way to get a 125k warranty as that is not a multiple of 12,000 mile increments. I can see if you bought at 40k that 64k is in a multiple of 12 (40k to start + 24k additional coverage). I also don't believe you can extend it that long anyways being a used vehicle ESP. A used vehicle ESP will not end in XX,000 miles because it is exactly 12k increments from the time of purchase. So if yours had 40,294... it would end at 64,294. It only ends in XX,000 when it is a New vehicle ESP because it starts from 0 miles.

I know just about everything when it comes to new vehicle ESPs but I'm not 100% confident beyond what I just posted in regards to Used vehicle ESPs.

Looks to me they sold you a used vehicle ESP but wrote down a New vehicle ESP coverage on your paperwork. If that is the case, that is unfortunately still a dealer issue and not Ford.

Ok, so a used ESP is sold in 1yr, 12k increments only. No way to get a 125k warranty as that is not a multiple of 12,000 mile increments. I can see if you bought at 40k that 64k is in a multiple of 12 (40k to start + 24k additional coverage). I also don't believe you can extend it that long anyways being a used vehicle ESP. A used vehicle ESP will not end in XX,000 miles because it is exactly 12k increments from the time of purchase. So if yours had 40,294... it would end at 64,294. It only ends in XX,000 when it is a New vehicle ESP because it starts from 0 miles.

I know just about everything when it comes to new vehicle ESPs but I'm not 100% confident beyond what I just posted in regards to Used vehicle ESPs.

Looks to me they sold you a used vehicle ESP but wrote down a New vehicle ESP coverage on your paperwork. If that is the case, that is unfortunately still a dealer issue and not Ford.

I agree but ford is refusing to help. I am lost as to what to do ?. worst case eat the 2k as a learning lesson I guess and stay away from dealer and be extra carefull when I am shopping for the f150 i guess.

the funny thing i can keep driving this dealer and get it serviced under warranty till the 125k. my issue is more to do with not being able to do the warranty work near my house.

I have a bill in my hand with the explorer at 83k. with 2 new rear wheel bearings , back sensor stating premier care covered, co pay 100$ from the same dealership

Okay this is resolved. The Dealer stepped up and blwnsmoke You are correct there is no such package.
He told me that the finance person employed at that time had made a mistake .

so at 90k he gave me 2 yr / 24k premier coverage as a compromise to keep me happy. I am sure its going to cost them some penny too.

Not sure but its a lesson to not assume you dealer knows about the extended warranty he sells.

Okay this is resolved. The Dealer stepped up and blwnsmoke You are correct there is no such package.
He told me that the finance person employed at that time had made a mistake .

so at 90k he gave me 2 yr / 24k premier coverage as a compromise to keep me happy. I am sure its going to cost them some penny too.

Not sure but its a lesson to not assume you dealer knows about the extended warranty he sells.

It definitely cost them some money because I was quoted $1,310 for a 2yr/24k Extracare warranty (can only purchase an Extracare if you are over 100k and that is dealer cost. Being you are in the Premium ESP, it would be $300 more +/- IMO.

Glad it worked out for you.

It definitely cost them some money because I was quoted $1,310 for a 2yr/24k Extracare warranty (can only purchase an Extracare if you are over 100k and that is dealer cost. Being you are in the Premium ESP, it would be $300 more +/- IMO.

Glad it worked out for you.

Thanks I do plan to keep this explorer for a long time. Just test drove the new one. it was priced at 53k . then I jump in mine and but for a few small items they are so similar.

Back