The Ford order/build/deliver timeline. | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

I'm not aware of any "Stop Shipment" directives since no one has posted that info in any of our sub-forums. There are members here that have received their Explorers within the last week or so. It is possible that there was an issue that was found and fixed after yours was built. Depending on and if there is an issue with yours the only thing I can see is that it will either be returned to the factory or continue on to your dealer to have them correct whatever the issue is, if they can that is. In 2011, there were Explorers ready to be shipped and loaded onto rail cars when they were all returned to the factory because of an issue with the seats. Have you checked with your dealer?

Peter

No. The dealer is actually the one that got the Rep to call me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm new to this forum and forums in general so hopefully I'm doing this right. I ordered my 2016 Explorer Sport on Jan 27th through a dealer my brother manages. He had an allocation for an explorer so I'm hoping it will decrease the order wait a little. Waiting is the worst!!

Well, I got a call from my salesman today and apparently 962 Explorers, mine included, were stopped due to a sticking door locking rod.

Well, I got a call from my salesman today and apparently 962 Explorers, mine included, were stopped due to a sticking door locking rod.

Now we know what Stop Shipment means.

Well now we know. Thanks for updating about the issue. Hopefully those vehicles won't have to be recalled and fixes will be sent to the respective dealers.

Peter

Well now we know. Thanks for updating about the issue. Hopefully those vehicles won't have to be recalled and fixes will be sent to the respective dealers.

Peter

What my salesman is speculating is that they may be sending field techs out to the vehicles to make the fixes where they are before shipping resumes

Hello,

Just wanted to say, I've order my White Platinum XLT yesterday with the add-ons i only wanted. So excited! 8-12 weeks can't get any faster now! I'll post some pics when I get it.

What my salesman is speculating is that they may be sending field techs out to the vehicles to make the fixes where they are before shipping resumes

That sounds horrible. I Ordered my car on the second week of December and it's been 8 weeks now. I hope I don't get the same phone call. I wonder how long will it take them to ship the parts, schedule appointments with techs. Might as well be 2-3 weeks or longer of a delay. I hope they ship it to the dealer and have the dealer doing the repairs the same day.

Our Explorer Built 2/14/16

Our Explorer was just built 2/14 and I hope they fixed the problem during the build. I haven't heard of a delivery date yet.

I have a VIN!

Ordered my XLT on Dec 19 and was told 6-8 weeks but no VIN yet. Hurry please, I don't want to drive this Dodge Caravan any longer! :D

A VIN is good, right??

A VIN is good, right??
It's a start. The Window Sticker is posted usually 3-5 days before the actual build. You can try the Window Sticker links and see if you can get anywhere with them. I used to be able to get mine but due to some changes that were made, I no longer can.

Peter

It's a start. The Window Sticker is posted usually 3-5 days before the actual build. You can try the Window Sticker links and see if you can get anywhere with them. I used to be able to get mine but due to some changes that were made, I no longer can.

Peter

Thanks! It says it's not available yet but I'll keep checking.

ETIS sites shows our Explorer Build

I looked up our vin# on the ETIS site and it now shows our Explorer build. It was built 2/14/16 but didn't have the actual build listed and now it does show the build. I am hoping that means it will be delivered soon.

So I was able to find the Window Sticker online of my 2016 Platinum that I ordered about 3 weeks ago. Once the window sticker is available how long does it usually take for the build?

how'd you find your window sticker online?

I just got my Ford Explorer sport 16 delivered yesterday, Magnetic white. Picked it up today. 9 weeks of torture.

Just saw that my Sport was built on the 27th in Chicago. Now just have to wait for it to be delivered to AZ. :):):)

I ordered my 16 Limited 4wd from Fremont ford and they quoted me 8-9 weeks. It was here in my possession in 5! So happy with it!

I ordered my 16 Limited 4wd from Fremont ford and they quoted me 8-9 weeks. It was here in my possession in 5! So happy with it!

Lucky! My 6-8 weeks has become 13 1/2 weeks with an expected delivery date of March 23.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lucky! My 6-8 weeks has become 13 1/2 weeks with an expected delivery date of March 23.
That's 5 days before the order bank opens for the 2017 Explorer.;)

Peter

Back