Active park assist for Ford Explorer 2016 Sport as an option | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Active park assist for Ford Explorer 2016 Sport as an option

Forddealz

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I got a 16 Sport XP about a month ago with a 401A package, but when I was building it on Ford's website, Sport one did not mention Active Park Assist? Does anyone know if Sport comes with that option? I would be surprised if it did not as it comes with other nice options and features.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stand alone option, just like the adaptive cruise control (ACC).

When searching or mine, it was difficult finding one on a lot without it. I did not want it or the ACC.

I just built XP on Ford's website. Its very strange that Sport does not offer Active Park Assist as an option at all and not listed in 401A package. Limited has it in 301A package and Platinum has it. Sports does not look too have that option at all.

Not available here in Canada either.
It's a good strategy to force buyers to look at the Platinum.

My wife has it on her 2013 Escape. Only used it once in 3 years. I would not purposely buy the option again. The only thing that is nice and helpful is the front sensors. They do let you know when you are getting close to something when you are pulling into a space. Even sensor the cement stops in parking spaces but not real important because the front end of the Escape sits high enough that the cement stops don't scrape the underside of the bumper or front air dam.

My wife has it on her 2013 Escape. Only used it once in 3 years. I would not purposely buy the option again. The only thing that is nice and helpful is the front sensors. They do let you know when you are getting close to something when you are pulling into a space. Even sensor the cement stops in parking spaces but not real important because the front end of the Escape sits high enough that the cement stops don't scrape the underside of the bumper or front air dam.

Sport comes with front sensors which is really convenient. I did not take Active cruise control because you can barely use it in NY stop and go traffic. I would probably not use Active park assist too often as I can park manually the same plus I don't usually don't park too close to other vehicles anyways to minimize door dings and scratches.

When searching or mine, it was difficult finding one on a lot without it. I did not want it or the ACC.
As mentioned, Active Park Assist is not available on the Sport as an option. ACC is and it is a feature I used almost every time I drove my 2011 Explorer.

Peter

Used car buyers look for a 'loaded' car, rather than a 'stripper'.

Would LOVE to find a used car loaded with a stripper. I can only seem to find used, loaded strippers with no car. :mad:

Would LOVE to find a used car loaded with a stripper. I can only seem to find used, loaded strippers with no car. :mad:

:D
I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes...

I must have been thinking of the F150 I was originally looking for, when I mentioned the Active Park Assist.....

The 401A option is hardly a stripper.....

When I go to buy a new vehicle, this one will have over 100k on it anyway, so the value is pretty much shot.

Nothing takes your money like a used, loaded stripper!

Thanks for the laugh!

Back