Weatherstrip issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weatherstrip issues

How old is your explorer? Your description says it's a 13. Seems a little extreme to have weather stripping like this after 2 years.....

Model year 2013, Build date of 08/12 and purchased new in 01/13. About to hit 40,000 miles.

I agree. Similar parts on my '01 truck look just fine and my wife's '07 Edge are in much better shape than these on my Ex.

I thought maybe it was getting caught when getting in or out, but the drivers side is in better shape than the passenger side and I'd say the passenger door gets used about 20% as much as the drivers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mines in the shop right now getting fixed for the dreaded 3rd row leak. They have had it for almost a week now. I will definitely be checking the weather stripping on it. Let us know how the install goes. Weather stripping is usually easy to install. I had to redo it on my wifes chevy, that was over 10 years old though.

2015 Sport weather stripping

All my weather stripping in my explorer is dry rotted and tearing away already anyone else have this issue? I have to drop it off at dealer when I have the time ..

All my weather stripping in my explorer is dry rotted and tearing away already anyone else have this issue? I have to drop it off at dealer when I have the time ..
Using the Forum's 'Search' program brought up this thread and yours has been merged with it.

Peter

I have a 2015 Explorer with about 11000 miles and I just had to replace the drivers side weather stripping and on drivers side rear door the outside rubber on the small window lifted up and dlr had to order it too.

I have a 2015 Explorer with about 11000 miles and I just had to replace the drivers side weather stripping and on drivers side rear door the outside rubber on the small window lifted up and dlr had to order it too.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:

Peter

We bought a 2013 Explorer used in Dec 2016 - It has the same problem, totally torn stripping. Off warranty and Ford just told me it would be "just under $400" to change it. Not a happy camper right now!
Weatherstripping deteriorating

The little piece coffee weatherstripping between the front and rear doors that is attached to the leading edge of the rear door is starting to fall apart on both sides. Fordparts.com lists it as part <25324B for both sides. $39.37 for one side $37.15 for the other.

I guess I need to pony up the cash on these now that I'm out of warranty. I wish I would have noticed earlier.:thumbdwn:

Does anyone know what the real part number is for these parts... The <25324b number turns up nothing on the OEM part discounters like Tousley Ford.

Pics for your enjoyment...
20140913_142656_zpstkjcpcba.jpg

20140913_142707_zpsa8gfaafd.jpg

20140913_142735_zps2h18ri3j.jpg

The same at me...(only) driver side...shifted at 30kmiles...
No Ford warranty in Germany (for U.S. Ford`s)...

We bought a 2013 Explorer used in Dec 2016 - It has the same problem, totally torn stripping. Off warranty and Ford just told me it would be "just under $400" to change it. Not a happy camper right now!

I have a 2015 and both sides were cracked at about 20,000 miles. I looked into them and I think they cost about $50 per side and looked very easy to replace, therefore, save yourself $300. With that said, because it's a flawed part and again a product of overall poor build quality, Ford should be replacing these at their own cost.

I have a 2015 limited. Just looked at mine and found both front door seals cracked like everyone else! Hope they will replace them with ones that last longer then 2 years.

I have a 2015 limited. Just looked at mine and found both front door seals cracked like everyone else! Hope they will replace them with ones that last longer then 2 years.

I have a 2015 Limited as well. Its always garage kept at work and at home. I will have to check mine as well now after reading this thread.

weatherstrip

Mine is a 2013 as well with just under 3000 miles and is behaving in the same matter, not quite as bad as yours, but I assume that's only a matter of time. Well to the dealer for a replacement (part, not car...lol)

Welcome to the Forum:wave:
Did you mean to add anything of your own to the quoted message?
Please complete your registration by adding the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it appears in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you

Peter

Bought our 2013 in Dec of 2016. In June I noticed both front door had torn weather stripping. After checking this forum, I approached the dealer - not under warranty and my extended wouldn't cover it. Ford quoted almost $400 to replace. That made me mad so went to my local repair shop, explained the problem and one week later - they replaced both for $163. Took about 1/2 hour and I am totally pleased.

Just checked my 2016 XLT, 34000 miles and they're fine.

Weatherstripping deteriorating

The little piece coffee weatherstripping between the front and rear doors that is attached to the leading edge of the rear door is starting to fall apart on both sides. Fordparts.com lists it as part <25324B for both sides. $39.37 for one side $37.15 for the other.

I guess I need to pony up the cash on these now that I'm out of warranty. I wish I would have noticed earlier.:thumbdwn:

Does anyone know what the real part number is for these parts... The <25324b number turns up nothing on the OEM part discounters like Tousley Ford.

Pics for your enjoyment...
20140913_142656_zpstkjcpcba.jpg

20140913_142707_zpsa8gfaafd.jpg

20140913_142735_zps2h18ri3j.jpg
PN# BB5Z7825324B and BB5Z7825325B These are L and R for a 2014 XLT.

My 2017 Sport with 5000 miles has the same issue on the driver side. Noticed it the other day.

Our 2016 has this same issue (both driver and passenger sides). I replaced the driver side as they are inexpensive and easy to swap, but the new one split too (within a very short period of time). Not sure what to do at this point. Seems to be a design flaw or the doors need to be adjusted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2013 Limited here....both driver and pax sides are completely split and need replaced.

Back