Braided stainless brake lines | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Braided stainless brake lines

Damn...that's a bummer there's so many variations.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn...that's a bummer there's so many variations.

I spoke with a salesguy who thinks they sold me the wrong set. I ordered the Russell 693270, but it looks like they sent me the 693210. Hopefully its a simple fix. I checked both and the set I was supposed to get is for Cobra Mustangs with IRS, so it should be pretty close! We'll know shortly.

Just ordered my last bit of parts I need for my lift, which includes drilled/slotted rotors, and am really hoping you find a solution. I've never upgraded to braided lines on any vehicle, but I have always wanted to, specially with this giant hunk of metal that sucks at stopping, we drive. These brakes are piss-poor, lol.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What about these Goodridge SS lines # 13097 ?

$110 on up from eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goodridge-G...ash=item3394acae6f:g:qzsAAOSwEK9UA2pq&vxp=mtr

$110 shipped from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Goodridge-13097-Brake-Line/dp/B00HZGZ28W

$102 + shipping from autoplicity
http://autoplicity.com/3474904-good...CVj7r1z9BInIeknIOgA9muq5Ed95JPCjp8hoCqA3w_wcB

GOODRIDGE.jpg

Can't hurt to give them a try. I will swing by the parts store and do a comparison. As previously stated, the driver's side is where I ran into issues

They specifically say on eBay: GOODRIDGE SS BRAKE LINE KIT FOR 07-10 FORD EXPLORER 13097

Others reporting Expedition. Probably a typo for the Explorer ones.

Just ordered my last bit of parts I need for my lift, which includes drilled/slotted rotors, and am really hoping you find a solution. I've never upgraded to braided lines on any vehicle, but I have always wanted to, specially with this giant hunk of metal that sucks at stopping, we drive. These brakes are piss-poor, lol.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i have to say with the right pads my 2nd and 4th gen stopped better than anything ive driven in a long time.... i really love the duralast max pads pricy but you only pay once rest are free $58 rear and $75 front... i was even able to trade in my max pads from my 98 before I sent it off to the crusher for credit on the 07 pads

I got the drilled and slotted rotor/pad kit from summit and that made a huge difference over the warped stock ****. As these explorers get older they'll benefit more from the SS line kit.

i just did all 4 slotted drilled rotors last week and I love it even more... the fronts were getting grooved up so I bought the $140 ebay specials

Sorry for the NecroPost, wanted to give this one a BUMP.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a product sold specifically for our trucks even at this point in 2020. Anybody ever have luck with getting other kits to work? Or have a custom manufacturer they would recommend? Have two 4th gens in the drive that I would love to do this upgrade to.

Back