A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 41 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I have the latest version. 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT

It was so random and came at the worst time. I was using navigation to get to a business appointment and the down time before booting back up messed up my schedule.

Another reason for why I dislike SYNC 2.

Hey scoutexplorer,

Since you have the latest software version, I recommend performing a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...erform-a-master-reset.html?sync=my-ford-touch. If the reset doesn't resolve the issue, then you'll have to make a visit to your local Ford dealership.

Cara

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today I replaced my dead APIM with a used but newer APIM. But when I go on mysync it doesnt show an update because still thinks I have the old APIM. The current version on the replacement is 4.29.12285 where the previous one was ver 3. My Explorer is 2011 and the replacement APIM came from a 2013. Can I get sync update direct download links from somewhere or can someone share the software update? Thanks.

Today I replaced my dead APIM with a used but newer APIM. But when I go on mysync it doesnt show an update because still thinks I have the old APIM. The current version on the replacement is 4.29.12285 where the previous one was ver 3. My Explorer is 2011 and the replacement APIM came from a 2013. Can I get sync update direct download links from somewhere or can someone share the software update? Thanks.
The dealer can perform updates. They are normally free but in this case I don't know if there will be a charge.

Peter

I have 3.6.2 (build 13171), 3.7.1 (build 14122) and 3.8 (build 15128).
Let me know which one you want.

A dealer in Russia has recently installed SYNC 3.10.16180.EA.0_PRODUCT on to customer's 12MY Explorer. May be it is promised 3.9?
FYI, latest 3.8 is 3.08.15128
checked SMR - nothing...

Correct 3.10 is available only as dealer upgrade at this point. What it does exactly....don't know. The release notes are the same as 3.8 thus far.

Correct 3.10 is available only as dealer upgrade at this point. What it does exactly....don't know. The release notes are the same as 3.8 thus far.
Nav app version seems to be updated to 5.67.6 from 4.66.5

I thought even 2011 Explorers had the extra 5 year MFT warranty?

If not you likely need to log onto Ford Owners Website and put in the VIN from the 2013 Explorer you got the APIM from. In order to keep the software to match the newer APIM you need to fake that you own the 2013 Explorer.

Unless there is a work around, perhaps jmr061 would know.

I thought even 2011 Explorers had the extra 5 year MFT warranty?

If not you likely need to log onto Ford Owners Website and put in the VIN from the 2013 Explorer you got the APIM from. In order to keep the software to match the newer APIM you need to fake that you own the 2013 Explorer.

Unless there is a work around, perhaps jmr061 would know.
That's an old post.

Hmmm, my Explorer just happens to be at the dealer today for service. I'll see if they'll apply the update.

-jw

A dealer in Russia has recently installed SYNC 3.10.16180.EA.0_PRODUCT on to customer's 12MY Explorer. May be it is promised 3.9?
FYI, latest 3.8 is 3.08.15128
checked SMR - nothing...
Wait... There is a 3.9 promised?! Any other details? (If this is true)

Hmmm, my Explorer just happens to be at the dealer today for service. I'll see if they'll apply the update.

-jw

Hello GrumpyO...
Just wondering if you were able to get that 3.9 update?

Russ

Hello GrumpyOne...
Just wondering if you were able to get that 3.9 update?

Russ

Nope, not yet. They had to order a part for a different issue. But they'll update my MFT to v3.10 when I take it back next Thursday. I'll follow up here once it's installed.

-jw

Nope, not yet. They had to order a part for a different issue. But they'll update my MFT to v3.10 when I take it back next Thursday. I'll follow up here once it's installed.

-jw[/QUOT

Cool. Thanks!
Can't wait to hear if there's something major with this update.

My reply to above post by Atomikk;
see post 806

Gordoscookin, not sure about your post. Are you asking or telling us something?? You simply copied a quote from almost 7 months ago.

Peter

I struck out at having the dealer update my Sync2 system to v3.10.
It shows as available in PTS but would not allow him to apply the update. Not sure why.

-jw

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had them try to update 3 times at the dealer 2 weeks ago. They said it fried my APIM. They ordered a new APIM and after 2 attempts and 6 hours of waiting, they were successful. Everything is good again and my IPhone 7+ works great!

Back