The Ford order/build/deliver timeline. | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

I've been sending direct messages to their people on Twitter, but Peter's link will bring you to the same group of individuals.

For those wondering, I also have a Window Sticker as well. (Yay!)
FordService has actually requested that contact be made through their link and not by using the @FordService method.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just an update.
I ordered my 17' the day the order banks opened.
No vin, and no build date as of yesterday.

I ordered mine on April 26 - Platinum and contacted Ford Service and they said,

"I checked on your order and it shows your vehicle status as “In order processing”. This means that your order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action. Once your vehicle receives a schedule to build day, it should then get a VIN and ETA. Everything looks in order and it should schedule within a couple of weeks depending on your dealer’s allocation"

Does anyone know how to find out if there is an allocation issue with your dealer? And does the above sound right? Seems after 6 weeks they would have more information.

In reading some of the other posts it seems that Platinums are all in the same boat. I think the info you received is probably correct. The info FordService has provided in the past has been fairly accurate. As for dealer allocation, I don't know if you can find that out anywhere except at the dealer. If there is, I'm sure someone will jump in here.

Peter

Per OASIS mine was built yesterday. Hope everyone who has an order has one rolling down the line soon!

8 weeks from order to delivery.

Ordered April 12th
Built June 1st
Delivered June 15th. (West Coast)

We'll pick it up tomorrow

8 weeks from order to delivery.

Ordered April 12th
Built June 1st
Delivered June 15th. (West Coast)

We'll pick it up tomorrow

Congrats. Was that a 2017? What model?

Ordered my Sport on 4/11.
Build Date 6/4/16
Delivery to San Francisco Bay Area

per COTUS.. it's awaiting shipment (been at that stage since 6/8)

I received a voicemail from my Dealer saying that it would be here this week.

Is there anyway to find out if my Sport has left Chicago and/or a way to verify if the Dealer is truthful about it being here this week or just trying to get me excited over nothing?

Released 6/18, ramp and awaiting ship on 6/20, and by yesterday was rolling. My 2017 is nearly here! :D

Got another update today, seems to be in NY. That said, the railway tracking seems to be littered with fake cities along the way... interesting. Security tactic?

Ordered my Sport on 4/11.
Build Date 6/4/16
Delivery to San Francisco Bay Area

per COTUS.. it's awaiting shipment (been at that stage since 6/8)

I received a voicemail from my Dealer saying that it would be here this week.

Is there anyway to find out if my Sport has left Chicago and/or a way to verify if the Dealer is truthful about it being here this week or just trying to get me excited over nothing?

OK.. So COTUS had an ETA of 6/26.
As of today.. it's still awaiting shipment and now that 6/26 has passed, COTUS is not longer showing an ETA.
I've reached out to my Dealer but have not received a response yet.
I've also reached out to Ford Service and they say that there are no updates as of yet and no ETA is showing.
Man.. this sucks!
I was really hoping to get this before the 0% financing ends on July 4.. but doesn't look like it's going to make it.

I ordered a 2017 Platinum 5 weeks ago....... Finally got a vin # and the dealer says order has been sent to the plant..... No sticker yet from cotus......... I'm hoping for a July delivery, but I may be optomistic.............

How long does it take from the build date to awaiting ship?

Sorry just too excited. I see that the Window Sticker is ready now and the build date is supposed to be Sep 19th. Wanted to know how long it takes to "build" it.

How long does it take from the build date to awaiting ship?

Sorry just too excited. I see that the Window Sticker is ready now and the build date is supposed to be Sep 19th. Wanted to know how long it takes to "build" it.
See http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...rd-platinum-on-1-29-2015.442045/#post-3518145
The time before it actually ships can vary. It can depend upon the availability of railcars and the number of vehicles awaiting shipping. I'm 'guessing' it may arrive sometime around the end of the month or the first week of October.

Peter

Back