• Register Today It's free!

po303,po316?

cjben

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer
2004 explorer. showing codes po 303 and po316. no misfiring and is running good. Should I replace the coil on that cylinder or wait and see if the code repeats? I erased them but could only drive it for a couple minutes. codes haven't came back yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wait and see if it happens again, if it does, move the coil to another cylinder and see if the mis follows it.

well,it is a legit code. It comes back every time I reset it now. how hard to change coils? does the fuel pressure need to be relieved and the fuel rail removed? looks like it to me,just want to know before I create extra work for myself

Assuming you have the V8 here, the coils are held in place by a screw into the intake. The coil boot is flexible, so they'll flex out of the way of the fuel rail. Easy to do, just don't over torque the coils back down, or you could strip the brass insert in the intake.

well damn. not good news. all the spark plug holes on that side of the engine have coolant in them. I blew them out,dried everything the best I could,switched coils,codes still come back. So now I need a new coil and probably an intake gasket. Will have to go to the shop for the gasket. This just got expensive :(

Same code? Or for the cylinder you moved the coil #3 to?

Oh, well that was easy then.

Yeah but the intake and gasket won't be so cheap or easy. Lol

Back