2016 / 2017 quotes I've received | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 / 2017 quotes I've received

Old School 93

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Pilot
Hey folks, new guy here curious about what kind of prices folks are getting on their 2016 or 2017 Explorers.

What kind of pricing are others seeing, either on the 16s or the 17s as they arrive?

I'm shopping for a Red Sport model. Dealers are holding the line on pricing so far. With the 2017s arriving, I'm a little disappointed in the pricing I'm getting. Here's what I've gotten from area dealers. Rather than quote exact prices since they are all a little different with the options, I'll quote the discounts off of MSRP. These are all roughly $50,000 vehicles.

Dealer 1:
- 2016, quoted discount of $2,215 plus $1,450 incentive. Refused to budge on that price, also adds in $1,000 of dealer fees to final price. No longer considering this guy.

Dealer 2:
- 2016, quoted discount of $2,885 plus $1,450 incentive. Adds a $595 fee to final price.

Dealer 3:
Has the most inventory but of course is the farthest away. Such is life.
- 2016, quoted discount of $2,330 plus $1,450 incentive. No fees. Best price so far.
- 2017, quoted discount of $2,267 plus $750 incentive. No fees. Very tempting - keep reading that the sync 3 is worth it.

Dealer 4:
- nothing in stock, but offered to order a 2017, with a dealer discount of $2,554. Incentives not known until it arrives, of course. Never gave me a total price, so I don't know about his fees.

Several others never gave me a price. A couple said they couldn't compete since they didn't have a 2016 on the lot. Others quoted me the wrong thing, wouldn't disclose fees, etc. so I gave up on them.

Any feedback? Anyone scoring great deals?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MyFord Touch is a dead platform, sadly. I wouldn't look at a unit with MFT, and I really didn't mind it.

Sync 3 will be supported for a long while yet, and we have CarPlay/Android Auto if you're into that stuff.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Don't expect a great drop in prices on the 2016 models and especially the Sport. The dealers have held the line on prices pretty well over the past few years mainly because of demand. I don't know when the U.S. dealers have their "Employee Pricing" event but that is in effect here now. Discount on a 2016 Platinum was around $5500 plus $750 discount on delivery. If you are a Costco member then there is a further $1000 discount. Could not 'Build & Price' a 2017 as the Canadian site is always a month or more behind the U.S. Ford website. I've also noticed that interest rates have gone up from 1.99% a month ago to 3.99%.

Peter

Thanks for the replies. The more I look at it, the more I think I'm going to get a 2017.

Still irritated that I can't get exactly what I want (ecoboost V6 and tan leather), but such is life.

Thanks for the replies. The more I look at it, the more I think I'm going to get a 2017.

Still irritated that I can't get exactly what I want (ecoboost V6 and tan leather), but such is life.
You'd have to go to the Platinum for a lighter interior. I don't want black either.

Peter

You'd have to go to the Platinum for a lighter interior. I don't want black either.

Peter

This is one of the selling points for me with the platinum.. is that light gorgeous interior!

This is one of the selling points for me with the platinum.. is that light gorgeous interior!

Yup. I actually like the tan leather in the limited a lot more than the ceramic or whatever they call the lighter platinum interior, but I'm also tired of driving an underpowered SUV.

There is a 2017 platinum with the ceramic interior arrving at a dealership about an hour away in the next couple of weeks. Of course, I leave for a two week road trip a week from today, and really wanted my new vehicle for this. Sigh...

I was able to order a 2017 Limited at $3,600 below the MSRP of $45,900. Also included the $500 rebate with option of even more if the rebate improves at time of delivery (which it appears it has to $750). Dealer fee is $599.

Thanks, Matt. That's good info. Did you go to NC State? I graduated in 93. Moved to Florida 5 years ago.

I guess I deal 180 degrees from the rest of the forum.

In the States, there is NO demand for the Explorer. There would have to be a supply problem first, and the fact is that there isn't anything in the way of an Explorer order for you, or for sales stock at any Ford dealership. They are easily ordered and built without interruption. Demand is a sales tactic and an illusion. That BS is easily overcome with a simple checkbook from an informed buyer.

Do your due diligence before visiting any dealership. Know exactly what you want. Know what your trade is worth at your local auction. Just toss a twenty dollar bill to any used car dealer who has access to local assessing software. They can tell you to the cent on what your trade is worth that week. Go in armed with this info and a checkbook and be ready to buy.
Find the vehicle you want, and offer $500.00 under invoice on the spot. If there is a trade involved, subtract the auction market price. I guarantee you that you will walk out with any vehicle on the lot.
No dealership refuses a sold vehicle if you don't buy in to the sales line and BS.

If there is any problem, I can hook you up here in western NY with a dealer who has about 50 Explorers in stock. It could be 49 in a minute.

I guess I deal 180 degrees from the rest of the forum.

In the States, there is NO demand for the Explorer. There would have to be a supply problem first, and the fact is that there isn't anything in the way of an Explorer order for you, or for sales stock at any Ford dealership. They are easily ordered and built without interruption. Demand is a sales tactic and an illusion. That BS is easily overcome with a simple checkbook from an informed buyer...........
That is strange. Ford has apparently added an additional 'shift' and shortened the Summer holiday period to keep up with demand. I wonder where all these 'extra' Explorers are going. :dunno:

Peter

I see PLENTY of NEW 16+ Explorers and they AREN'T all rentals or Law Enforcement here for sure.

That is strange. Ford has apparently added an additional 'shift' and shortened the Summer holiday period to keep up with demand. I wonder where all these 'extra' Explorers are going. :dunno:

Peter
Peter, respectfully..
If you want to buy a new Explorer, there are at least 200 of them around me. Just PM me, and I will find you an Explorer to drive off in by this afternoon.
They are not Maybachs or Rolls Royce. Heck, They are a mass produced SUVs that generally takes between 6-8 weeks from order to delivery. Pretty much standard in every way compared to any common vehicle available from the Big 3.

This is NOT a vehicle that is hard to get, or scarce from the results of an obscure high demand. As you stated, they make them "round the clock" just like Keebler makes cookies. By suggesting otherwise only feeds into the illusion any smart marketing dealership wants you to buy in to..
Let's help the posters who are looking to buy, by cutting through the BS, instead of scaring them with a non existent boogie man.
It's a nice vehicle that sells well and stocked well. It's also a cookie cutter vehicle that Ford produces in a very fast and efficient manner that is readily available.
Nothing more.

I did not suggest that they are a hard vehicle to find or that they are comparable to higher end ones. Just that Ford made changes to their production to keep up with demand, that is all.

I did not suggest that they are a hard vehicle to find or that they are comparable to higher end ones. Just that Ford made changes to their production to keep up with demand, that is all.

Since supply isn't an issue, demand doesn't merit paying more. Rebates should be the only clue needed to see that Ford needs better sales movement with the Ex. GM, Chrysler and the imports are offering tough competition, and Ford knows it. Expect big rebates very soon on the 17'.

Since supply isn't an issue, demand doesn't merit paying more. Rebates should be the only clue needed to see that Ford needs better sales movement with the Ex. GM, Chrysler and the imports are offering tough competition, and Ford knows it. Expect big rebates very soon on the 17'.
Ford Employee Pricing plus 750 delivery credit is on here right now. Also the Costco $1000 rebate is in effect. The Employee pricing knocks about $5500 off on a Platinum.

Let's make the separation clear right off the bat.
There are members on this forum from both US and Canada.

There is absolutely no way in hell, that us Canadian folks are able to offer any amount of X minus invoice.
The best for us, is employee pricing, delivery credit, Costco discount and a bit more squeezed on the dealer side.

You really think money talks, I paid my '16 EX Sport in CASH and had to visit over 5 dealerships before finding one about an hour drive to knock off another thousand on top of factory promos.

Right now, there is only 41 brand new '16 and '17 EX Sport that I can see in all of Ontario, with about 8 coming from a different province.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let's make the separation clear right off the bat.
There are members on this forum from both US and Canada.

There is absolutely no way in hell, that us Canadian folks are able to offer any amount of X minus invoice.
The best for us, is employee pricing, delivery credit, Costco discount and a bit more squeezed on the dealer side.

You really think money talks, I paid my '16 EX Sport in CASH and had to visit over 5 dealerships before finding one about an hour drive to knock off another thousand on top of factory promos.

Right now, there is only 41 brand new '16 and '17 EX Sport that I can see in all of Ontario, with about 8 coming from a different province.

Well let's keep the separation clear.
It's totally different in America, and it definitely sucks for those north of the border. The reason seems crystal clear to me. Either your dealerships can not buy inventory because of poor sales and/or low allocation, or they refuse to stock inventory, or they simply can't import more allocation to sell.
Come down to the states, and you will see Explorers by the rows. My dealer probably has 60 17's in stock right now.

Here in the States, anyone paying more than invoice is paying too much.
Paying "cash" really has no extra motivation on the dealer side.
It's about being ready to buy "immediately". Bringing your checkbook means that a commitment is ready to happen right now, and "that" is something that motivates a dealer to close before you walk.
I am sure dealers would rather have their customers finance, so they can get a percentage back from the bank.

Back