• Register Today It's free!

Backup Camera and boat launching

champco

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Says it all doesn't it? Backing up to the trailer to hitch up. Nothing better. Within a inch or better every time.

Now backing up the trailer? Different story. The alarm. How do you disable it??? Can someone please enlighten me as to a simple solution. I know there must be a simple answer. Thanks

Says it all doesn't it? Backing up to the trailer to hitch up. Nothing better. Within a inch or better every time.

Now backing up the trailer? Different story. The alarm. How do you disable it??? Can someone please enlighten me as to a simple solution. I know there must be a simple answer. Thanks

As far as I have been able to determine, you have to disable every ignition cycle. With the left steering control if you look at your dash, it will ask if you want to disable. Select down, then press ok, and that will turn off the alarm.

As far as I have been able to determine, you have to disable every ignition cycle. With the left steering control if you look at your dash, it will ask if you want to disable. Select down, then press ok, and that will turn off the alarm.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Thanks for helping out.

Peter

Page 128 of the Manual, Vehicle Settings, Driver Assist
Cross Traffic - On (default on key cycle) / Off

Peter

Back