• Register Today It's free!

Knock in the pedal/ throttle body

David Washburn

Reaction score
City, State
dearborn, michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
hello guys. im hoping someone here can help me. i have a 2016 ford explorer with 23000 miles on it. sometimes when im driving i feel this loud and rough knock in the pedal at 4th or 5th gear maybe. it literally feels as if the engine is going to fall out of the truck. its sounds like a piece of metal is hitting against something. my throttle body went bad at 15000 and im hoping it doesnt happen again. also did anyones throttle body go bad for a second time after they replaced the original one?? thanks

BTW i love the truck but i feel ford shorted us with the quality build of it.

hello guys. im hoping someone here can help me. i have a 2016 ford explorer with 23000 miles on it. sometimes when im driving i feel this loud and rough knock in the pedal at 4th or 5th gear maybe. it literally feels as if the engine is going to fall out of the truck. its sounds like a piece of metal is hitting against something. my throttle body went bad at 15000 and im hoping it doesnt happen again. also did anyones throttle body go bad for a second time after they replaced the original one?? thanks

BTW i love the truck but i feel ford shorted us with the quality build of it.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
re your question, pls see; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/2016-explorer-throttle-body-problems.444245/

Peter

Back