I bought a 1994 Aerostar with 80K miles! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I bought a 1994 Aerostar with 80K miles!

That dude was awfully proud of his scruffy lil' cargo! There was a nice red and gold awd extended Aero on Charlotte cl before xmas, and they were only asking $2200 or so...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah,we're all proud........

..........of our vans,Cargo or Passenger type. That one you mentioned sounded like a heck of a deal,Tinkerer! don-ohio :)^)

my mistake.59000 miles.lol

Your post was moved into its own thread with a new title. How did you find an Aerostar with 80K miles? Post some pictures of it. Does it have a 3.0L or a 4.0L? Is it extended or a regular size? What about single or dual A/C?

i found a 80k mile 96 areostar extended 2 year ago at the dealer auction. i bought it for 800 and it blew up 80 miles later....catastrophic head gasket failure.... i scrapped it... .real shame cuz it was mint but it needed a motor and no one wanted it :(

4.0 OHV

Mine is a rusty relic, but I love ol'e Red! She was getting a fuel pump in the pic. Straps just crumbled when I removed the tank.

You have a very nice van. I have always loved that blue.

IMG_20160717_194803064.jpg

IMG_20160717_203220840_HDR.jpg

thats the color of mine except my running boards and lower body match your rear bumper.

If mine came with running boards, I'd never know if they were there! Eventually I will fix the rust and paint this van. The interior is perfect, not a tear or anything, except for one little spot in the headliner where the previous owner nicked it with an old wash machine as it was being loaded with junk to be scrapped, van included. The carpet is a little nasty, but just in the front. Not bad for $100.

I wish Ford would bring them back. I found a nearly `new' 1994 with only 80K miles in Mt. Crawford,Va,360 miles away. Perfect condition.I bought it so I could have another Aerostar for many more years.This is my third one. don-ohio :)^)
I just bought 1989 with only 80,000 on it. Got it for $1,000!
20220311_172510.jpg

It looks like it's new. It's very rare to find an old one in that condition.
It looks to me like it was mostly garaged over all those years. The folks I got it from were the 2nd owners. It was kid (his first car) and his grandpa was teaching about caring for a vehicle right so I got receipts for everything they did to it all the time they had it. The kid had at least $2500 in maintenance to it over 4 or 5 years. Grandpa taught the kid good though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful! Good going,Man! Mine now has 60K more miles and makes the Ohio/FL trip twice a year for us. AC and heat works and everything works!
Unfortunately my ac doesn't work and needs a conversion I can't afford so it'll be a hot summer for me! We regularly get over 100 degrees in August and September so that'll suck! But the brakes and tires are all new! Plus mine is the long van so I can set it up to be my home when I travel and I can haul quite a bit in it!

Back