AC and blowers working but won't blow hot air? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AC and blowers working but won't blow hot air?

withey92

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I have a 96 Explorer EB edition and the AC works fine and blows cold air but when I turn up the heat the temperature doesn't rise? There's still air blowing through just doesn't get hotter.

I need the heater to work as I'm heading up to Canada for the Winter and won't last long without heat in my car! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 96 Explorer EB edition and the AC works fine and blows cold air but when I turn up the heat the temperature doesn't rise? There's still air blowing through just doesn't get hotter.

I need the heater to work as I'm heading up to Canada for the Winter and won't last long without heat in my car! Any help is greatly appreciated!

It could be the notorious blend door problem, a bad blend door actuator, a bad heater control valve or no vacuum to the heater control valve.

I drop all winter with no heat just to find in springtime it was a stupid fuse. Check those first, cheap cheap fix if so. My AC would blow cold, but no heat.

Check your radiator for proper fluid level. When very low, it won't blow hot.

I drop all winter with no heat just to find in springtime it was a stupid fuse. Check those first, cheap cheap fix if so. My AC would blow cold, but no heat.
Where abouts and which fuse is it for the heater? I'm going to make my way through the list of what you guys have given me! I'll keep updating to see how it progresses

If your antifreeze level is good and still no heat then it is your Thermostat sensor. This happened to me last winter. The part is like 10 bucks and you will need to drain the antifreeze before you change out the part.

Back