• Register Today It's free!

Tranny issues.

VCOSH28

Reaction score
City, State
Waterloo, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 and 98 Explorer EB
How often does a tranny flush and filter change solve issues?

Truck is vibrating really bad and it seems like it's more difficult for my truck to get up to speed in first and second gears. Noticed my MPG's have dropped in those gears as well. Erratic shifting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Truck is vibrating really bad and it seems like it's more difficult for my truck to get up to speed in first and second gears. Noticed my MPG's have dropped in those gears as well. Erratic shifting.
Could it need a new valve body or torqur convertor?

It could need those things. Haven't had it looked at yet. Issues keep popping up faster than I can get them taken care of. Afraid I might have to give up on it.

hey try Dr Tranny shudder fixx and or Lucas oil transmission fix , before you do anything big , if it works than go from there :)

Doesn't sound like a trans problem at all. Sounds more like a misfire problem. You need to figure out what the real problem is first.

Back