Window Sticker URL | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Sticker URL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No Window Sticker

I received my Explorer vin yesterday and when I tried to view the window sticker the following message appeared. "Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle."

I received my Explorer vin yesterday and when I tried to view the window sticker the following message appeared. "Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle."
As mentioned in this thread, there has been a change to this procedure for some reason. A few can pull up the 'Sticker' while many others cannot. I used to be able to get mine but not any more. The message you received is a 'canned reply'. It doesn't mean anything other than you can't get your Window Sticker using that link. Also, it would be helpful if you added the 'trim' level (Base, XLT. Limited etc) to your profile so it always shows in the margin. All it show now is 2016 which isn't very helpful to anyone trying to reply to future posts with any issues you may encounter.

Peter

FordEtis Vin Check for Window Sticker

When I did a vin search on FordEtis I see the following: Does anyone know why the limited information?

Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Explorer
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6 Petrol TI-VCT
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F50
Minor Features

• Chicago Plant Build
• 3.5L Cyclone V6 Petrol TI-VCT
• 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F50
• Explorer

Tried the Vin Search 3 times before seeing the Window Sticker

I tried 3 separate time to view the window sticker and finally appeared. Not sure why the first 2 attempts failed but the window sticker is not visible.

When I did a vin search on FordEtis I see the following: Does anyone know why the limited information?

Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Explorer
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6 Petrol TI-VCT
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F50
Minor Features

• Chicago Plant Build
• 3.5L Cyclone V6 Petrol TI-VCT
• 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F50
• Explorer
I was going to mention ETIS but because you just received your VIN, I didn't think there would be much info on your vehicle there yet. Guess I was right.;) Once it is built you will find everything you are looking for under ETIS.

Peter

I was going to mention ETIS but because you just received your VIN, I didn't think there would be much info on your vehicle there yet. Guess I was right.;) Once it is built you will find everything you are looking for under ETIS.

Peter

Mine was already built on 1/30/16 and still has only basic information, but no details.

I know this is an old(er) thread, but I messaged Ford today directly through the "contact us" on their website requesting a window sticker for my 2013 XSport.

The customer relations rep directed me to www.fordshowparts.com. There's a "Ford - Window Sticker" in the left hand navigation panel that brings you to a page where you can purchase a window sticker: "Give us your VIN and we'll send you a brand new, official Ford, Lincoln or Mercury window sticker."

Unfortunately, this doesn't look like a good option for a perspective buyer due to the seemingly exorbitant cost for a piece of paper. When I added one to my cart, it was $25 for the sticker and $10 shipping. I think I'll hold off for a bit.

Has anyone had any luck in having their dealer pull a PDF of their window sticker from their system?

I know this is an old(er) thread, but I messaged Ford today directly through the "contact us" on their website requesting a window sticker for my 2013 XSport.

The customer relations rep directed me to www.fordshowparts.com. There's a "Ford - Window Sticker" in the left hand navigation panel that brings you to a page where you can purchase a window sticker: "Give us your VIN and we'll send you a brand new, official Ford, Lincoln or Mercury window sticker."

Unfortunately, this doesn't look like a good option for a perspective buyer due to the seemingly exorbitant cost for a piece of paper. When I added one to my cart, it was $25 for the sticker and $10 shipping. I think I'll hold off for a bit.

Has anyone had any luck in having their dealer pull a PDF of their window sticker from their system?
Did you just want the 'Sticker' or a list of everything the Explorer came with? If the latter, you can get that here;
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=98F235025A0B4C6052A86857E4C22FB4.fcvas501

Peter

Did you just want the 'Sticker' or a list of everything the Explorer came with?
Peter

Thanks for the link, Peter! I was interested in a duplicate window sticker simply because I thought it'd be fun to have it in my documentation. I didn't really need an official reproduction, though, so I'm undecided on whether or not I want to spend the $$ on the genuine article. I was hoping to download one, but that doesn't look to be an option anymore. It's good to know they are still available for the hardcore enthusiasts willing to pay for them, though.

Cheers!

Thanks for the link, Peter! I was interested in a duplicate window sticker simply because I thought it'd be fun to have it in my documentation. I didn't really need an official reproduction, though, so I'm undecided on whether or not I want to spend the $$ on the genuine article. I was hoping to download one, but that doesn't look to be an option anymore. It's good to know they are still available for the hardcore enthusiasts willing to pay for them, though.

Cheers!
Understood. I have the ones for my vehicles filed away. Perhaps the dealer can get one for you.

google research maniacs thats the site we used for our window sticker

google research maniacs thats the site we used for our window sticker
That only works for new vehicles not for older ones. If you check back in a year you likely won't find the 'Sticker'. You will get this message;
"Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle."

Peter

You will get this message;
"Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle."

Peter

Yeah, this is the message I was getting when trying to use the provided links and my VIN to attain the sticker. From digging through a bunch of other forums, it sounds like this functionality was removed sometime earlier this year for older vehicles.

So no way I can see my window sticker? Looks like it is being built now.

So no way I can see my window sticker? Looks like it is being built now.
The link in post 32 should work for you. It will not however work for vehicles already built some time ago although there are site where you can.
Just click on that link and then when that Window Sticker pops up go back to the URL and insert your VIN for the one that is there. I just tried it using a VIN from a local dealership and it pulled up the 'Sticker'.

Peter

Keeps telling me that it is not available.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keeps telling me that it is not available.
What is your 'Build Date'?. The Window Sticker is usually available 3-4 days before that.

Peter

Back